alba armengou biography

A Film About Kids and Music. YouTube has proven to be a remarkably effective platform for Chamorro to introduce jazz enthusiasts all over the world to the outstanding abilities of his student musicians. [5] [6] [7] Carrera. 1 2 A pesar de ser todas las The concert was at the Palau de la Musica, in Barcelona, which was packed and had been sold out. As Chomorro explained then, In the heart of the Sant Andreu Jazz Band, a project that turns 10 years old at the time of the appearance of this new CD, the voice acquires more and more relevance. In a very small nutshell, he emphasizes the importance of listening, imitation and memory. While most of his students also have private instructors to teach the basics, Chamorro has faith that even the youngest aspiring musician can learn and play a tremendous amount by listening, singing, and transcribing passages and solos from the jazz legends. Andreas younger sister, Carla Motis, released her debut CD in 2019 before completing eleven years as the bands ever-steady guitarist, and is now pursuing new projects. Contact Us Chamorro points out that the young musicians do not pay anything for their classes, for their rehearsals, or [recording] their CDs within the framework of the SAJBThe project can exist and continue because we have concerts that allow us to do all the work we doCDs, videos, bringing great musicians from outside, and be able [for me] to personally, fully dedicate myself to it., While he treats each of his students with as much equal care, encouragement, and respect as one can ask, it was inevitable that several breakout stars would emerge over timethe first of these being Andrea Motis, who began playing trumpet at the school when she was seven years old. Baritone saxophonist Alba Esteban, who has been a stalwart member of the SAJB sax section for eleven years, is recording her debut CD as well. I love singing bossa nova and Brasilian music. Elia Bastida, Alba Armengou & Carla Motis) and more. Chamorro has them learning creative and challenging arrangements that are both thoughtful and exciting, and he presents his band to audiences with equal degrees of respect, fun, and justifiable pride, giving ample room for most members to step forward from their ensemble playing and section work to shine with individual solos and/or vocal performances. One part of the process is to look for good referencesClifford Brown, for examplemake them known to the student and say, Look how beautiful! Some of the guys have dabbled as vocalists from time to time, but the highest-profile musician-singers in the band have always been the girls. The singers study the English or Portuguese lyrics of the songs they discover from listening to original recordings (the native languages of the Barcelona region of Spain are Catalan and Spanish, although multi-lingual skills are commonplace), or as the songs are introduced to them by Chamorro. Alba Armengou, Carla They learn the language in their schools, Chamorro told me, where they basically do English as a second language. Joan Chamorro Presenta Alba Armengou (CD) Jazz To Jazz. Being largely unfamiliar with jazz, she joined at the relatively late age of 17, and never looked back, releasing two CDs produced within the SAJB framework. From its early days as a band, Chamorro has encouraged the pursuit of jazz singing as well as musicianship for his students, as seen in the Ramon Tort documentary, A Film About Kids and Music, released in 2012, in which singing teacher Monste Jorba is seen with students Andrea Motis, Magali Datzira, and Eva Fernandez (when the SAJB was still part of the Escola Municipal de Musica de Sant Andreu). As countless viewers including myself have commented, these SAJB videos are extremely addictive. Rita Pays Wiki, Facebook, Instagram, and socials. Alba Gutirrez ha estado actuando desde que era una nia. [8] [9] Protagoniz las pelculas Poniente (2002), El Calentito More Alba Armengou began dazzling audiences of the SAJB (Sant Andreu Jazz Band) with her trumpet-playing potential when she was just 8 years old, and, upon reaching her teens, began to do likewise with her singing. Help. POPNABLE spain, EN AF AM AR AZ BE BG BN CA CO CS CY DA DE EL EO ES ET EU FA FI FR FY GA GD GL GU HA HI HR HU HY ID IS IT IW JA YI JW KA KK KM KN KO KU LA LT LV MG MI MK ML MN MR MS MT MY NE NL NO PA PL PS PT RO RU RW SD SK SL SM SN SO SQ SR ST SU SV SW TA TE TG TH TK TR TT UK UR UZ VI XH YO ZH-CN ZU BS CEB NY HAW SI UG LB HT ZH-TW. motis andrea trumpet players alba armengou andreu sant instrument alba alba chamorro joan presenta