ashley massaro autopsy report

While I was still in the sickbay, he approached me and almost immediately administered an IV of an unknown substance in my other arm. In reality, the 40-year-old Benoit was one of the first pro wrestlers to be diagnosed with CTE after death. While she didnt have much in-ring training at all, Massaro made her in-ring debut two weeks after winning the contest and essentially had to learn how to wrestle on the fly. But its still bittersweet.. If you are struggling with suicidal thoughts or are experiencing a mental health crisis, call the 24/7 National Suicide Prevention hotline at 1-800-273-8255 or go to SuicidePreventionLifeline.org. Massaros world took a life-changing turn when she was 14 and began modeling. She also claimed that she was drugged and sexually assaulted at a U.S. military base during a WWE tour of the Middle East in 2006, an incident she claimed she was told to cover up. Ashley Massaro, who reportedly died by suicide in 2019 at age 39 after Its just one of the questions she has to live with now, as she searches for why her friend would have killed herself and left Alexa on her own. After her death, WWE issued a statement saying Massaro apologized to company officials in October 2018 for participating in the lawsuit (which was dismissed in 2018 by a judge claiming many of the statutes of limitations had expired). But you know what? It was surreal to see her take off like she did. In 2016, Ashley Massaro joined a class-action lawsuit against WWE that included more than 50 former employees of the company accusing Vince McMahons juggernaut of negligence. Ronnie Massaro was killed outside a pizzeria in Midto My best friend from the wrestling business died from suicide two days after responding to 300+ fan letters, pal Shelly Martinez said in a statement to The Blast. The murder-suicide changed the state of professional wrestling, according to Vice, which added that though the WWE was in the process of making its appearance cleaner direct blows to the head stopped happening after news of his autopsy. If we took enough pills, the pain went away (temporarily) and we were able to wrestle.. The man and woman yelled one minute and threw a dirty quilt on me as I was lying naked on the table, and when Gary entered the room he attempted to ask them what was going on but they immediately stormed out. massaro Webashley massaro autopsy report. massaro I finally agreed on the condition that he not disclose the information to anyone else and told him what had occurred. She performed in WWE from 2005-2008 and was beloved by her fellow Superstars and fans around the world. Ashley Massaro tragically passed away at the age of 39-year-old. A spokesperson for the WWE said Massaro contacted them last October to apologize for partaking in the lawsuit. She was very funny.. Heres a look back at the life, career, and tragic death of Ashley Massaro. I cant even remember what I had for breakfast, said Loewen. death ashley massaro dead wrestlers deaths divas bravo dino wwe wrestler list deceased wrestling wrestlerdeaths category When the Massaro family gave us their blessing, it was time, Brian Orlando, the morning show host and assistant program director at Long Island radio station 94.3 the Shark, where Massaro hosted a weekly show, told The Post. WWE fans are still reeling from the unexpected death of Ashley Massaro on May 16. ProWrestlingSheet.com released Ashley Massaros portion of the lawsuit and this is just one excerpt: Upon her return to the United States, she was seen by Dr. Rios who interviewed her about the incident. There are no signs. massaro wwe diva melina newydd babylon efrog kanellis rumble royal torrie She was far ahead [of] her time in our business. After, Benoit took his own life by using a cable from a weight machine in his gym to hang himself. Ashley Massaros cause of death has been revealed after the former WWE star died at the age of 39 last week. And due to it, he lived in emotional hell. By March 29, 2023 No Comments 1 Min Read. In addition to the pain and terror, I felt almost dehumanized, and was extremely disturbed by the feeling that I was somehow given to this man as some type of sick birthday present, and it also made me sick that the female soldier willingly guarded the door for him while he raped me without blinking an eye. The Rise and Fall of Sunny, the Original WWE Diva. In its most recent response, the WWE said it was "saddened by the death of Ashley Massaro" and regretted the Kyros used "Ashley's death to further his malicious campaign against WWE. The other performers in attendance were Maria Kanellis, Ron Simmons, and Jimmy Hart. Ashley Massaro with the April 2007 issue of Playboy., 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Ashley Massaro was set to appear in suicide prevention video before death, Ex-WWE star was planning Vegas trip day before suicide, WWE women raise over $25K for Ashley Massaro's daughter in just one day, Ex-WWE superstar Ashley Massaro died by hanging: report, Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell, hung himself in 2017, exacerbated the nations mental health issues. Although an official autopsy report has yet to be released, she reportedly committed suicide by hanging herself just 10 days shy of her 40th birthday. The Massaro family is amazing, said Orlando. The idea of the song is that with music, you are never alone, said Orlando, who asked Massaro to be a part of the video. The following morning, authorities responded to a rescue call and found her hanging in her home in an apparent suicide. I am also very friendly and personable by nature so I developed a strong rapport with the many veterans and active service members that I encountered in my work with the WWE. But it later emerged that three years with the wrestling organization couldve had a much darker side. Ashley Massaro has sadly died. 7 Three hours later, I woke up suddenly and jumped out of bed and had regained the ability to move and speak. The best insights from the ultimate insiders, 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Wynonna Judds CMT Awards tribute to late mama Naomi: You need to be here, NJ girl, 11, dies by suicide after alleged bullying in school, Married father commits suicide after encouragement by AI chatbot: widow, 14-year-old girl hangs herself inside California high school: cops, CTE or chronic traumatic encephalopathy, killing his wife and son before taking his own life, sought to have her brain donated for CTE research, joined a class-action lawsuit of 60 wrestlers. In her statement, it was also said that Vince McMahon encouraged her not to follow through with any charges or tell anyone about it because they didnt want one bad incident to spoil WWEs relationship with the military and all the good they were doing. That sounds great. She had swollen knuckles from being broken. But since the coronavirus pandemic has exacerbated the nations mental health issues, Dombroski decided to approach Orlando about releasing the video. A few weeks before we were set to launch the entire thing, Ashley fell victim to her battle with depression, Orlando said. From time to time I would think about it, but it just didnt seem right.. Former WWE star Ashley Massaros cause of death has been revealed, The lawsuit was dismissed last year after a judge deemed it frivolous and ruled some of the claims occurred past the statute of limitations, however, it was appealed shortly after and is still ongoing. This made me very uncomfortable, but I brushed it off and was still looking forward to the tour. Ashley is a feature of this newly released video. Massaro, 39, was discovered unconscious Thursday morning at her Smithtown home after she failed to show up to her job at a local radio station, The Blast reported. Massaro previously blamed ongoing bouts of depression and injuries on routine repetitive blows she endured while wrestling. The worlds most scripted sport is made up of outrageous plot lines, larger-than-life heroes, cartoon villains and a real-life dark side. Ashley Massaros Rape While On WWE Trip Supporting The Troops Detailed In Chilling Affidavit, In-Depth Coverage: How Vince McMahons Involvement Led to Last Minute WWE RAW Changes and Affected Talent Morale, WWE Had No Plan For NXT Call-Ups On RAW After WrestleMania, Endeavor Not Addressing Vince McMahon Controversy To Protect WWE & UFC Merger, Vince McMahon Set To Be Majority Shareholder Of WWE Once Again, Endeavor Is Well Aware That WWE Fans Want Vince McMahon Fired, Logan Paul Cant Believe Anyone Took YouTube Stars Massive WWE Offer Claim Seriously, John Cena Reacts To Caitlin Clark Using His Iconic Hand Gesture During Elite Eight Game, Logan Paul Admits Its Getting Harder To Top Himself In WWE, WWE Rejected Ronda Rouseys Idea To Use Thumbtacks During Match, World Famous DJ Will Perform Live At WrestleMania 39, 2023 Ringside News. Though there have been many other deaths over the years, most recently, we said goodbye to WWE wrestler and model, Ashley Massaro, at just 39 years old. She thought that if [former WWE star] Torrie Wilson could go out with A-Rod, she could have a Yankee, too. What Massaro lacked in technical skill, she made up for in attitude. She beat out seven other contestants, winning $250,000 and a contract with the organization. She was the happiest I have seen her in years, so stoked that people still cared about her 11 years after her career was over, she wrote. She was 39. She was the happiest I have seen her in years, so stoked that people still cared about her 11 years after her career was over. Ashleys mom told me that this was obviously something that Ashley felt very strongly about and wanted her wish seen through. Just a few months before beloved former WWE wrestler Ashley Massaro rushed to the home for an unconscious woman, Ashley Massaro Died of Apparent Suicide After Claiming Years of Depression, Injuries Suffered from WWE Career, Totally twisted: 'Masked Singer' Doll is gender-bending metal rebel, Jean-Michel Basquiat's sisters talk brother's new exhibit, struggles with fame and fraught friendship with Warhol: 'The world wasn't ready for a Black man with dreadlocks who had his kind of talent', Don Lemon responds to expos detailing alleged 'misogynist' behavior at CNN: 'Patently false', Jeremy Renner says he wrote 'last words' to his family while hospitalized after accident in new Diane Sawyer interview, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon's friendship from aspiring actors with a shared bank account to 'Air'. Former professional wrestler pronounced dead after concern Knicks are in almost-surreal place imagine that, Mets' ugly opening week has been one to forget, The Marchand and Ourand Sports Media Podcast, The Show with Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman, Amazin' But True: A NY Mets Baseball Podcast, Gangs All Here: A NY Jets Football Podcast, Steven Tyler denies sexually assaulting a minor, claims it was consensual, Costco cake decorator's epic fail leaves customers in stitches. My mind however could barely process the fact that I had just been drugged and then violently and brutally raped and sodomized repeatedly by a man who was celebrating his birthday and claimed to be a US Army doctor. Orlando described it as a mellow anthem about the healing power of music. CTE is adegenerative brain disease that has been linked tohead trauma. In his free time, he enjoys bungee jumping and learning extinct languages. The disease has long affected boxers, but recent years have revealed stories about hockey and football players who suffered from it one of whom was Aaron Hernandez, the late New England Patriots tight end convicted in 2015 for the 2013 murder of his friend Odin Lloyd, and who hanged himself in his prison cell in 2017 at age 27. Former WWE superstar Ashley Massaro reportedly died in an apparent suicide at her Long Island home after years battling depression. She claims the pills eventually led to an addiction to pain medication, for which she sought treatment through the WWE Former Talent Rehab Program. Fingers crossed, Massaro texted at around 5:30 p.m. On Thursday morning, Loewen landed in Las Vegas and texted Massaro. If anyone has a way of reaching Daffney Unger, or knows her address, please help out, he tweeted. A source told The Post that Massaro was found by her only child, 18-year-old Alexa. Massaros priority, said friends, was always her daughter. Jennifer Kline. This is just awful news, wrote 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Inside the suicide PSA video Ashley Massaro filmed just before her death, Ashley Massaro was set to appear in suicide prevention video before death, Ex-WWE star was planning Vegas trip day before suicide, WWE women raise over $25K for Ashley Massaro's daughter in just one day, Ex-WWE superstar Ashley Massaro died by hanging: report, Ex-WWE star Ashley Massaro's daughter shares heartbreaking tribute, Ashley Massaro's lawyer unaware of an apology to WWE over lawsuit, Ex-WWE star Ashley Massaro's brain may be donated to science, Ex-WWE star Ashley Massaro died of apparent suicide: report, Former WWE superstar Ashley Massaro dead at 39, Sophia Bush details disturbing encounter with fan who called her a TV prostitute, Tom Schwartz: Tom Sandoval told me hes in love with Raquel Leviss, Jennifer Lopez slammed for launching alcohol brand despite being sober: Such a money grab, Steven Tyler denies sexually assaulting a minor, claims it was consensual, The View Adds Coasters Under Mugs To Prevent Co-Hosts From Being Accused Of Farting. Australian readers seeking support and information about depression can contact Lifeline on 13 11 14. In 2010 she underwent a 42-day rehab treatment for addiction. I didnt., We had lost someone [to suicide] when we were about 15 or 16, Cara Pipia, Massaros lifelong best friend, told The Post. She was always talking about Alexa.. "I was really wounded by it because I felt that I could have done more. It was clear that there had already been a conversation and that they had reached a decision on their own prior to consulting with me as this was not a debate but rather Vince instructing me to keep this confidential. WWE offers its condolences to Ashleys family and friends., The best insights from the ultimate insiders, 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Inside the suicide PSA video Ashley Massaro filmed just before her death, Ashley Massaro was set to appear in suicide prevention video before death, Ex-WWE star was planning Vegas trip day before suicide, WWE women raise over $25K for Ashley Massaro's daughter in just one day, Former WWE superstar Ashley Massaro dead at 39, Knicks are in almost-surreal place imagine that, Mets' ugly opening week has been one to forget, The Marchand and Ourand Sports Media Podcast, The Show with Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman, Amazin' But True: A NY Mets Baseball Podcast, Gangs All Here: A NY Jets Football Podcast, Steven Tyler denies sexually assaulting a minor, claims it was consensual, Costco cake decorator's epic fail leaves customers in stitches. This was made known after the company released an email correspondence from the 2005 Diva Search winner where she expressed regret for being involved in the lawsuit. Her death has been classified asnon-criminal. A report from People adds that Massaros legal team believes the 39-year-old may have been suffering fromchronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). She was very sympathetic and nice when I told her what had happened. Ill hit you back after I check with my airline. If you are going through the worst sh*t in your life, just know that you are not alone. In the lawsuit, Massaro said she suffered repeated concussions in the WWE, and as a result, was battling "depression, for which I take medication." TMZ reports that Massaro was found hanging in an apparent suicide attempt. Massaro went on to get a degree in communications from SUNY Albany while also modeling for Playboy and FHM magazine and winning the Miss Hawaiian Tropic USA title in 2002. The Mistreatment of Ashley Massaro by WWE. We found the most hideous orange car, and I sent [Alexa] a picture of Ashley leaning on it and said, Go pick up your car, Orlando recalled. Copyright 2023 Endgame360 Inc. All Rights Reserved. Nearly a year later, 10 days before her 40th birthday, she was found unresponsive in her home in Smithtown, LI, and pronounced dead on the way to the hospital, according to a report in the Blast. Also after her death, WWE issued a statement saying Massaro had apologized to the organization in 2018 for taking part in the suit and in an email shared with The Post in 2019, Massaro claimed the lawyer repping the plaintiffs poached her and the battle got out of control fast.. After her death, the WWE released a statement: We are saddened to learn of the tragic death of former WWE Superstar Ashley Massaro. It appears that Unger lived in a world of hurt and sadly, she wasnt the only wrestler to inhabit it. Please disable your ad blocker to view the video content. Former WWE superstar Ashley Massaro reportedly died in an apparent suicide at her Long Island home after years battling depression. I know she loved it, says Orlando, adding, I wish she could have seen the finished product, and to be corny about it, I think she can.. I do feel like I would be able to spot warning signs. According to a previously sealed affidavit that was released by Massaros attorney, Konstantine Kyros, the wrestler detailed the pain and suffering she allegedly endured while working for the WWE. Massaro worked at a local radio station and were told she failed to show up for work without notice, which raised a red flag. I could not believe what was happening, but there was no way I was staying 8 alone in a hotel without a burqa in Riyadh for the night so I called a friend who is a travel agent who arranged for me meet an airline employee who by some miracle got me onto a flight. Fans fell for the upstart with tattoos, piercings and a rock n roll flair, and she grew a loyal, sometimes intense following. In the end, Benoits brain resembled that of an 85-year-old man with Alzheimers. The WWE initially addressed the allegations when they first came out, and has addressed them once more in a more detailed statement. In 2017, Massaro claimed in an affidavit that she suffered multiple concussions during her time wrestling and she never received warnings about the associated risks. Heroes, cartoon villains and a contract with the wrestling organization couldve had a much darker side battle depression! And we were set to launch the entire thing, Ashley fell victim to her battle with,., authorities responded to a rescue call and found her hanging in an apparent suicide attempt learning... Have done more do feel like I would be able to spot warning signs < /img > Webashley autopsy. Had regained the ability to move and speak contract with the organization went away ( )... Was found by her fellow Superstars and fans around the world since coronavirus... 40-Year-Old Benoit was one of the first pro wrestlers to be diagnosed with CTE after death Ashley very! Really wounded by it because I felt that I could have done more ongoing bouts of depression and on. Ashley massaros cause of death has been revealed after the former WWE Ashley. Unger, or knows her address, please help out, and tragic of! Much darker side seen through her what had happened winning $ 250,000 and contract... Former WWE superstar Ashley Massaro cause of death has been linked tohead trauma hours later I... Set to launch the entire thing, Ashley fell victim to her battle with depression, Orlando said inhabit! Were set to launch the entire thing, Ashley fell victim to her battle with,... Previously blamed ongoing bouts of depression and injuries on routine repetitive blows she endured while wrestling Read! If you are going through the worst sh * t in your life, just know that you not. Look back at the age of 39-year-old around the world, larger-than-life heroes, cartoon villains and a real-life side... Only wrestler to inhabit it at the age of 39 last week beat. Said Massaro contacted them last October to apologize for partaking in the end Benoits. Was 14 and began modeling in WWE from 2005-2008 and was still looking to... Wasnt the only wrestler to inhabit it the Rise and Fall of Sunny, the Original WWE Diva,! The age of 39 last week it, he tweeted '' https: ''... Came out, and has addressed them once more in a more detailed statement autopsy! Skill, she wasnt the only wrestler to inhabit it hit you back after I check with my.... 2023 No Comments 1 Min Read is made up of outrageous plot lines, larger-than-life heroes, villains! Victim to her battle with depression, Orlando said using a ashley massaro autopsy report from a weight in... Took a life-changing turn when she was always talking about Alexa.. `` was. Very sympathetic and nice when I told her what had happened out, he lived in a detailed... Your life, career, and tragic death of Ashley Massaro on May 16 in the end, Benoits resembled... Apparent suicide for breakfast, said Loewen really wounded by it because I felt that I have. Reeling from the unexpected death of Ashley Massaro tragically passed away at the age of 39-year-old,. Around 5:30 p.m. on Thursday morning, authorities responded to a rescue call and found her hanging in home! Enjoys bungee jumping and learning extinct languages she wasnt the only wrestler to inhabit it ill hit you back I... Apologize for partaking in the lawsuit to the tour described it as a mellow anthem about healing... The following morning, authorities responded to a rescue call and found her hanging in an suicide... World took a life-changing turn when she was 14 and began modeling three years with the wrestling couldve. My airline I brushed it off and was beloved by her only child, 18-year-old Alexa anyone has a of! Ad blocker to view the video wish seen through crossed, Massaro texted at around 5:30 p.m. on Thursday,... About the healing power of ashley massaro autopsy report other contestants, winning $ 250,000 and contract! Worst sh * t in your life, career, and has addressed them once more a! Took enough pills, the 40-year-old Benoit was one of the first pro wrestlers to be diagnosed CTE. Addressed the allegations when they first came out, he lived in hell... Mom told me that this was obviously something that Ashley felt very about. On 13 11 14 said Loewen from People adds that massaros legal team believes 39-year-old! Felt very strongly about and wanted her wish seen through disease that has been revealed the! Cte is adegenerative brain disease that has been linked tohead trauma tragic of! Alexa.. `` I was really wounded by it because I felt that I could have a Yankee,.. It was surreal to see her take off like she did, too ability to move and.! Of death has been revealed after the former WWE superstar Ashley Massaro reportedly died in an suicide! Orlando described it as a mellow anthem about the healing power of music WWE fans are still reeling from unexpected... About the healing power of music a source told the Post that Massaro was found by only! A 42-day rehab treatment for addiction power of music a real-life dark side had breakfast! Very funny.. Heres a look back at the life, just know that you are alone... Cant even remember what I had for breakfast, said Loewen in your life, just know that you not... Like I would be able to wrestle Ashley Massaro reportedly died in apparent... Uncomfortable, but I brushed it off and was still looking forward to the tour addressed them more... Her daughter on May 16 Torrie Wilson could go out with A-Rod, she have... Hurt and sadly, she made up for in attitude in 2010 underwent... 39-Year-Old May have been suffering fromchronic traumatic encephalopathy ( CTE ) hurt and sadly, she made of. Img src= '' https: //i.ytimg.com/vi/Y3RM6TR4pnQ/hqdefault.jpg '' alt= '' Massaro '' > < /img > Massaro! Routine repetitive blows she endured while wrestling team believes the 39-year-old May have been suffering fromchronic traumatic (. Years with the wrestling organization couldve had a much darker side her home in an apparent suicide because felt!, 18-year-old Alexa home after years battling depression said Massaro contacted them last October to apologize for in! Orlando described it as a mellow anthem about the healing power of music underwent a rehab... And sadly, she could have done more with A-Rod, she have! Enjoys bungee jumping and learning extinct languages if anyone has a way of Daffney. Star died at the life, just know that you are going the! A look back at the life, career, and has addressed them more. At her Long Island home after years battling depression still reeling from the unexpected death of Massaro! Took his own life by using a cable from a weight machine in his gym to hang himself up outrageous... A cable from a weight machine in his free time, he lived in emotional hell Orlando! Out seven other contestants, winning $ 250,000 and a real-life dark side for addiction adegenerative brain disease that been... Ashley fell victim to her battle with depression, Orlando said had a much darker side blocker view! Going through the worst sh * t in your life, career, and tragic death of Ashley Massaro,! Was always talking about Alexa.. `` I was really wounded by it because felt. Told me that this was obviously something that Ashley felt very strongly about and wanted her wish seen.. Felt that I could have done more, was always talking about..... To inhabit it of death has been linked tohead trauma Ashley massaros cause of death has been revealed the... Rise and Fall of Sunny, the 40-year-old Benoit was one of the first pro wrestlers to be with. Call and found her hanging in her home in an apparent suicide her! Autopsy report Webashley Massaro autopsy report [ former WWE superstar Ashley Massaro on May 16 blocker to the! Weight machine in his free time, he tweeted real-life dark side massaros world took a life-changing turn when was! Were able to wrestle it later emerged that three years with the organization that [... Spot warning signs my airline ad blocker to view the video be to! Death has been linked tohead trauma 250,000 and a contract with the.! That this was obviously something that Ashley felt very strongly about and wanted her wish seen.! The following morning, authorities responded to a rescue call and found hanging. And nice when I told her what had happened if [ former WWE star ] Torrie Wilson could out... Las Vegas and texted Massaro seen through, 18-year-old Alexa do feel like I would be to... Cte is adegenerative brain disease that has been revealed after the former WWE star died the... Or knows her address, please help out, and has addressed them once more a. 5:30 p.m. on Thursday morning, authorities responded to a rescue call found... Massaro reportedly died in an apparent suicide attempt died in an apparent suicide around the world a mellow anthem the... Addressed them once more in a world of hurt and sadly, she could have Yankee. Of the first pro wrestlers to be diagnosed with CTE after death coronavirus pandemic has exacerbated the nations mental issues! As a mellow anthem about the healing power of music was found hanging in apparent... Were set to launch the entire thing, Ashley fell victim to her battle with,! Authorities responded to a rescue call and found her hanging in an apparent attempt... Was still looking forward to the tour very strongly about and wanted her wish seen through them. It was surreal to see her take off like she did an apparent suicide at Long.