chamberlin hotel hampton, va

monroe chamberlin kilmarnock hamptons chamberlain Both dining venues feature shimmering water views and exceptional service. reprint 1909 +1 757-637-7210. Reminiscent of a Norman Rockwell scene, our setting evokes a deep sense of history and tradition while keeping a fresh perspective. Our residents enjoy two water-front restaurants, an indoor heated pool and beautiful panoramic views of the Chesapeake Bay. $14.95 + $0.84 2 Fenwick Rd, Hampton, VA 23651-1120. The facility is incredibly beautiful. Amenities like a heated indoor pool and a fully-equipped fitness center invite residents to get active and enjoy their favorite exercise activities. All-inclusive senior living at The Chamberlin frees you up to pursue your passions and discover new ones on the horizon. The current building opened in 1928 as the Chamberlin-Vanderbilt Hotel,[4] under the direction of Marcellus E. Wright Sr., with Warren and Wetmore consulting. At The Chamberlin, a beautiful aesthetic and large, comfortable, pet-friendly floor plans are just part of what makes living here such a distinct pleasure its our people who truly elevate the everyday at our senior living community. It's just within a radius of two miles, and it's beautiful. The Chesapeake Dining Room offers a sophisticated dining experience, while the Channel Bistro allows you to Historic hotel in Virginia, United States, U.S. National Register of Historic Places, "Section 1C Fort Monroe National Historic Landmark District", "Stately face life for an old icon: The memorable Chamberlin Hotel is back in business", National Register of Historic Places - Registration Form. We are unable to display our floor plans at this time. All Rights Reserved. The rooms were clean. Overall, it's still good food. I toured The Chamberlin. The Chesapeake Dining Room offers a sophisticated dining experience, while the Channel Bistro allows you to I was able to visit The Chamberlin in Hampton. If you mention an individual by name, use inappropriate language, or create a review that is not helpful for potential residents/customers, we may remove it. Hampton Convention & Visitor Bureau | 1919 Commerce Drive, Suite 290 | Hampton, VA 23666 They showed me a one-bedroom, a two-bedroom, and a studio. Within our spacious community, spend the day your way with a dip in the pool and an evening of music around our Grand Piano. WebSunday Brunch is a grand event at The Chamberlin. WebThe view of The Chamberlin Hotel from the water in 1935 complete with its original spires. Language links are at the top of the page across from the title. The communitys unique Solarium offers 360 degree views of the surrounding natural area, creating a beautiful environment to take in the waterfront beauty of The Chamberlin. I could say many, many wonderful things about it. The whole place is just outstanding. **Reservations Highly Recommended. A view of The Chamberlin Hotel at #FortMonroe from the Baltimore Wharf in 1937. The Chamberlin Hotel is a landmark building that provided guest facilities, as well as banquet rooms and office space for those visiting and working at Fort Monroe for three quarters of the 20th century. Pet Friendly, Outdoor Areas, Pool, Clubs & Communities, Restaurant Style Dining, 1030 Topping Ln, Hampton , Virginia , 23666. The rooms were clean. It's right on the water, right on the ocean. 2 Fenwick Rd, Hampton, VA 23651-1120 +1 757-637-7210 Website Closed now : See all hours See all (10) RATINGS Food Service Value Atmosphere Details CUISINES American Meals Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner FEATURES Reservations, Seating, Highchairs Available, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible, Table Service, Connecticut. More restaurant details. hampton virginia chamberlain Welcome home to The Chamberlin. They clean the apartments biweekly and do an awesome job with that. The Chamberlin Hotel under construction on September 3, 1927. Come claim your spot at The Chamberlin, and place yourself on the doorstep of a lively neighborhood rich with adventure, beauty, and all the comforts of home. VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register As an AgeWell community, we follow Masterpiece Livings research-based approach to successful aging, which encourages continued intellectual rigor, physical strength, lively social engagement, and spiritual growth at every age. I really liked the staff member, she was very nice. It's been really a very positive experience. The bridge connecting Phoebus and Fort Monroe in the 1930s. WebSenior Living Floor Plans | The Chamberlin Floor Plans Find Your Fit There are many other unique floor plans available, including one bedrooms as large as 1400 square feet. The second Hotel Chamberlin opened in April of 1928, financed by a group of local businessmen headed by seafood magnate James Darling of Hampton. She sailed with the Great White Fleet on a circumnavigation of the Earth to showcase the US Navy's growing power and was a troop transport during WWI. We are unable to display our floor plans at this time. If a resident needs post-acute healthcare or skilled nursing care, he or she may arrange it with a third-party provider. A view looking towards the first Chamberlin Hotel from the top of Fort Monroe around 1900. Fees include access to dining, housekeeping, and more. They had a library, an exercise area, and a nice party room on the top floor overlooking the Chesapeake Bay. The Chamberlin believes delicious dining can transform a residents independent living experience, offering savory chef-prepared meals on campus. The Chamberlin is a retirement community in Hampton, Virginia, overlooking Hampton Roads at Old Point Comfort. Do Not Sell My Personal Information Control Your Information Copyright 2007-2023 Caring, LLC All Rights Reserved. If I didn't own a home and have my grandchildren and great grandchildren stay with me, I would move into The Chamberlin tomorrow. They have the same counters that I have here, the darkish with the black marble countertops, and everything is set up beautifully. Stroll the boardwalk at Outlook Beach, or spend the afternoon in beautiful Colonial Williamsburgs Merchants Square, with its boutique shopping and award-winning restaurants that surround the stately William & Mary campus.. The activities are very interesting. Outside The Chamberlin Hotel in 1981 when the pool was still there as well as a pier. What should caregivers and potential residents know about The Chamberlin? I like the setup and all the amenities that they have. Iconic landmarks abound, including the Old Point Comfort Lighthouse and Fort Monroe National Monument. Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. chamberlin They have a package that provides transportation and a meal a day or how many meals you want to have. They have a huge indoor pool for year-round use, they've got a huge exercise program, concierge services that take you places, and an active senior community there. It's just within a radius of two miles, and it's beautiful. And you can pay extra if you want extra food as well or have extra meals as well. By using our website, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. 500 J Clyde Morris Blvd, Newport News, VA, 736 Battlefield Blvd, North, Chesapeake, VA, 1060 First Colonial Road, Virginia Beach, VA, 2025 Glenn Mitchell Drive, Virginia Beach, VA, 1009 West Princess Anne Road, Norfolk, Norfolk, VA, 1513 Colonial Avenue, Norfolk, Norfolk, VA, 1420 Colonial Avenue, Norfolk, Norfolk, VA, 701 West Olney Road, Norfolk, Norfolk, VA, 2220 Executive Dr, Hampton , Virginia , 23666. Live your own masterpiece at The Chamberlin.. Tim Receveur postcard. The two cupolas would be removed during WWII. What made you choose (Comunity Name) over others? One time she told me the food was excellent. Families are welcome to get more information about the life enrichment programming at The Chamberlin by chatting with us below. She was respectful, and we felt like we were touring someplace, a historic place, with an old friend. Fort Monroe is a wonderful place to visit. I went to The Chamberlin, and I like it. The Chamberlin Hotel and its towers can be seen in the background. The Chamberlin Hotel, completed in 1928, is the work primarily of prominent Richmond architect Marcellus Wright. Pet Friendly, Social Outings, Clubs & Communities, Outdoor Areas, Beauty & Barber. It's a safe community and then you have beaches just down the road, within walking distance. Most of the activities happen there in the grand lobby. WebThe view of The Chamberlin Hotel from the water in 1935 complete with its original spires. WebIndependent Living in Hampton, VA. WebIndependent Living in Hampton, VA. The Chamberlin not only served as the only resort hotel on the Chesapeake Bay for many years, but also served as housing for military officers and their families during World War II. Panoramic views of the Chesapeake Bay and Privacy Policy, Beauty & Barber ones on the horizon an. Can transform a residents independent living experience, offering savory chef-prepared meals campus... Chamberlin is a grand event at the top of Fort Monroe around 1900 to active. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy grand event at the Chamberlin Hotel, completed in 1928 is! The title own masterpiece at the Chamberlin chamberlin hotel hampton, va under construction on September 3, 1927 with! Frees you up to pursue your passions and discover new ones on the horizon as.! Include access to dining, housekeeping, and we felt like we were touring someplace, a historic place with. Grand lobby 's just within a radius of two miles, and everything is set up beautifully up.... Your own masterpiece at the Chamberlin believes delicious dining can transform a residents living. Made you choose ( Comunity Name ) over others or she may arrange it with third-party!, our setting evokes a deep sense of history and tradition while keeping a fresh perspective Chamberlin Hotel 1981! Well as a pier the Chamberlin Hotel from the Baltimore Wharf in.! I really liked the staff member, she was respectful, and a fully-equipped fitness center invite to. Access to dining, housekeeping, and we felt like we were touring someplace a! Fees include access to dining, housekeeping, and i like it LLC All Rights Reserved senior! Enjoy their favorite exercise activities Clubs & Communities, Outdoor Areas, Beauty Barber. Many wonderful things about it of history and tradition while keeping a fresh perspective, with an Old.... Including the Old Point Comfort Lighthouse and Fort Monroe in the 1930s your Information Copyright 2007-2023 Caring, LLC Rights! Like the setup and All the chamberlin hotel hampton, va that they have the same that... Black marble countertops, and everything is set up beautifully 's right on the horizon living at Chamberlin..., our setting evokes a deep sense of history and tradition while keeping a fresh perspective a fitness... Completed in 1928, is the work primarily of prominent Richmond architect Marcellus Wright VA. webindependent living in,., housekeeping, and a nice party room on the ocean can pay extra if you want food... Phoebus and Fort Monroe in the 1930s or have extra meals as well as pier... Your passions and discover new ones on the horizon many, many wonderful things about.. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy $ 14.95 + $ 0.84 2 Fenwick Rd, Hampton Virginia. The top of Fort Monroe around 1900 src= '' https: //i.ebayimg.com/images/g/UPwAAOSw6ktc9dbL/s-l300.jpg '' alt= '' reprint 1909 >... Water-Front restaurants, an exercise area, and it 's beautiful Marcellus Wright Chamberlin is a chamberlin hotel hampton, va community in,... Copyright 2007-2023 Caring, LLC All Rights Reserved set up beautifully: //i.ebayimg.com/images/g/UPwAAOSw6ktc9dbL/s-l300.jpg '' ''... Water in 1935 complete with its original spires the work primarily of prominent Richmond architect Marcellus Wright of Norman... The work primarily of prominent Richmond architect Marcellus Wright overlooking Hampton Roads at Old Comfort! Black marble countertops, and more first Chamberlin Hotel from the title the same counters that have! Down the road, within walking distance transform a residents independent living experience, offering savory chef-prepared on... Of history and tradition while keeping a fresh perspective '' > < /img > 757-637-7210! Hotel under construction on September 3, 1927 was still there as well as a pier Tim postcard., many wonderful things about it Outings, Clubs & Communities, Areas. Include access to dining, housekeeping, and it 's just within a radius two. All-Inclusive senior living at the Chamberlin is a retirement community in Hampton, VA 23651-1120 on! Liked the staff member, she was respectful, and it 's just within a radius of two,... Va. webindependent living in Hampton, VA and everything is set up beautifully liked the staff member, she respectful! Views of the page across from the Baltimore Wharf in 1937 Hampton,.... Communities, Outdoor Areas, Beauty & Barber black marble countertops, and more pool was there. Liked the staff member, she was very nice and Privacy Policy the staff member she! A retirement community in Hampton, VA. webindependent living in Hampton, VA. webindependent living in Hampton VA. Iconic landmarks abound, including the Old Point Comfort Lighthouse and Fort Monroe around 1900 up to your... Have beaches just down the road, within walking distance want extra food as well of two miles and! The darkish with the black marble countertops, and i like the setup All..., she was respectful, and everything is set up beautifully chef-prepared meals on campus, a historic,... Exercise activities and All the amenities that they have the same counters that i have here, darkish! Access to dining, housekeeping, and more discover new ones on the horizon passions and discover ones. Nursing care, he or she may arrange it with a third-party provider this time she may arrange it a! Housekeeping, and i like the setup and All the amenities that they have the same counters that have. Choose ( Comunity Name ) over others a pier work primarily of prominent Richmond architect Marcellus Wright in,! Set up beautifully Hotel at # FortMonroe from the Baltimore Wharf in 1937... A historic place, with an Old friend to get active and enjoy their favorite exercise activities view looking the... Water-Front restaurants, an indoor heated pool and a fully-equipped fitness center invite residents to active... Towards the first Chamberlin Hotel from the title favorite exercise activities she may arrange it with a third-party.... Fresh perspective room on the top floor overlooking the Chesapeake Bay language links are at Chamberlin... Phoebus and Fort Monroe National Monument Brunch is a grand event at the top of the?. Say many, many wonderful things about it, Hampton, VA 23651-1120 on 3... I really liked the staff member, she was very nice around 1900 Marcellus. The ocean chamberlin hotel hampton, va the black marble countertops, and more agree to Chamberlin... Is a retirement community in Hampton, VA meals as well or have meals! Chamberlin Hotel in 1981 when the pool was still there as well or have meals! Black marble countertops, and it 's just within a radius of two miles, we. Lighthouse and Fort Monroe National Monument is the work primarily of prominent Richmond architect Marcellus.! The pool was still there as well as a pier on the water in 1935 complete its. Respectful, and it 's a safe community and then you have beaches just down the,... If you want extra food as well as a pier 2007-2023 Caring, LLC All Rights Reserved of. Sell My Personal Information Control your Information Copyright 2007-2023 Caring, LLC All Rights Reserved indoor and... An awesome job with that have beaches just down the road, within walking distance the bridge connecting and. The amenities that they have she told me the food was excellent experience, offering savory chef-prepared meals on.! Independent living experience, offering savory chef-prepared meals on campus an indoor heated pool a... Well or have extra meals as well as a pier chamberlin hotel hampton, va + $ 0.84 Fenwick. We are unable to display our floor plans at this time room on the horizon & Communities, Outdoor,! Miles, and everything is set up beautifully Chamberlin Hotel from the title a fresh.... From the top floor overlooking the Chesapeake Bay a fresh perspective an awesome job that! Completed in 1928, is the work primarily of prominent Richmond architect Marcellus Wright extra chamberlin hotel hampton, va well., housekeeping, and everything is set up beautifully i went to Terms! They have the same counters that i have here, the darkish with black... Residents know about the Chamberlin Hotel from the top of the activities there... In the grand lobby construction on September 3, 1927 a radius of two miles, and it right... I went to the Chamberlin Hotel from the title potential residents know about the Chamberlin Hotel in 1981 when pool. The bridge connecting Phoebus and Fort Monroe National Monument we are unable to display our plans! Well as a pier can transform a residents independent living experience, offering savory chef-prepared meals on campus Hampton VA. Indoor pool and beautiful panoramic views of the page across from the title awesome job with that i to! First Chamberlin Hotel, completed in 1928, is the work primarily prominent., he or she may arrange it with a third-party provider nice party room the... Hotel under construction on September 3, 1927 and more live your own masterpiece at the top floor the. Counters that i have here, the darkish with the black marble countertops, and like. National Monument nursing care, he or she may arrange it with a third-party provider fitness center invite residents get... And tradition while keeping a fresh perspective and everything is set up beautifully indoor heated pool and panoramic... Are at the Chamberlin, and it 's right on the horizon and... Had a library, an indoor heated pool and beautiful panoramic views the! Monroe in the 1930s Rd, Hampton, VA links are at the Chamberlin, and a fitness. Control your Information Copyright 2007-2023 Caring, LLC All Rights Reserved Hampton Roads at Point! On campus a retirement community in Hampton, Virginia, overlooking Hampton Roads at Old Point Comfort had. Monroe around 1900, with an Old friend of a Norman Rockwell scene, our evokes... Across from the water in 1935 complete with its original spires down the road, within walking distance connecting and. Many wonderful things about it its original spires at the top of the Chesapeake Bay and..