eddyline kayak durability

Am looking to sell the Sandpiper and moving up to a longer (16 - 17 ft) boat. That sounds like a warranty issue. The Sandpiper is ideal for maneuvering in and around the plentiful cypress coves found in this part of the state. The kayaks were of good quality, very well made and appointed and we enjoyed them. It feels more "front heavy" however it glides through the water with less effort. Also, please keep in mind that a brightly colored PFD and paddle can often be the first thing that grabs someones attention. The following Eddyline kayaks have received the highest star ratings by reviewers in our Paddling Buyers Guide. Eddyline offers kayaks that serve four different purposes: In total, Eddyline offers 18 different types of kayaks. My 24 megapixel slr camera could not reveal anything except hard to see scratches. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate any requests for non-standard, off catalog colors. (My other kayak is a Dagger Baja.) So, again, I cant speak for Eddyline - although they generally get a very good name around here - but personally I dont think another thermoformed boat will be in my future. We pride ourselves in providing a personalized service to all the passionate paddlers we serve. This was one of only few kayaks I considered to buy for solo paddling. However, we will advise you on how to return the product. Color: Blue Size: 12 FT 12 FT Quantity Ship to address $160 oversize shipping Pick up in store or curbsideFREE Find this item in store Members get an estimated $174.90 back on this item. Delta optimized the Delta 16 for performance (it falls in the performance touring category), and for the experienced kayaker, its a welcome addition to your kayak collection. Youll want four points of contact connecting the boat to the vehicle. My friend had two eddyline Ravens both broke when surfing in ocean. And it's old enough (and light enough!) In those circumstances, an Eddyline skirt (about $70) is a very good idea. Also check the function and condition of all outfitting, such as the seat, back rest and foot braces or pedals. In addition to being seenon the water, make sure you can be heard by including a whistle as part of your on water safety gear. Storing Eddyline kayaks properly is key to ensuring they have a long life. Use a mild solvent like isopropyl/denatured alcohol to remove stubborn marks. Both my wife and I are delighted with these well-designed, nimble kayaks. Looking forward to going out again in the near future. For the difference in weight between ABS and a good roto-mold, I think I would always go with the roto-mold. The Sandpiper was stable minor rocking but no concerns. Our return shipping address is: 1970 Walton Dr., Burlington, WA, 98233. The cockpit has ample room to store items as well as the bow and stern compartments. See ourDealer Locatorto find your nearest Eddyline dealer. By comparison, Eddylines kayaks have more premium features and their thermoform construction shaves weight. Terms apply. Wilderness Systems : Tempest 170: Highly maneuverable sea kayak. Here are answers to some of the most common online questions about Eddyline kayaks. Safety. WEIGHT: 50 lbs. Excels in rough water. 3. Type: recreational kayak for one person Size: 12 x 26 " Weight: 41 pounds Cab Size: 35 "x 18.5" Volume: 10.6 cubic meters Depth: 13 " Weight capacity: 295 pounds Chair: Eddyline Infinity chair Materials: ABS Carbonlite plastic The color: blue Construction Eddyline Skylark has an innovative co-extruded ABS laminated hull. Weight - 46 pounds. Whats the durability of the eddyline equinox type yak, or other thermoformed yak compared to a rotomold (which is what I have now). A concern when other family members use the boat. Aesthetics. I bought mine because I like to take my dog along and the cockpit is perfect for a medium size dog of about 50+/- lbs. Browse every Eddyline kayak and find prices in our Paddling Buyers Guide. Our hatches and sealed compartments are designed to provide positive buoyancy and additional storage for your paddling experience. Carbonlite is stiff, smooth, and makes a light weight boat that is a pleasure to carry. Using a skirt is not an option I would consider. Those two characteristics equate to better paddling performance on the water and make our kayaks easier to manage off the water (e.g. Current Designs makes their kayaks with a deliberate focus toward longer boats and touring. Members get an estimated $174.90 back on this item as a part of your annual Co-op Member Reward . In a sense, it's more my size. Some prolonged UV damage can be seenlook for fading or discoloration. The Eddyline Sandpiper is the best all round kayak out there. The Eddyline Skylark is a recreational kayak with the size and stability for beginners, but with the performance and efficiency that will satisfy an experienced paddler. All duties and taxes for international shipping vary and these are not covered by Eddyline. Where Eddyline kayaks are manufactured in Burlington, Washington, Delta builds their boats near Vancouver, British Columbia. One option would be to get one of these clip-on bottle holders from Cascade Creek: Yakuzzi - Cascade Creek. Its difficult to gauge a fair price for used kayaks, especially as supply has not quite caught up with the increased demand for paddling gear thats happening now. Here you'll find the answers to your questions about many of the most popular recreational water activities. After much research, I added a Yakpads Paddle Saddle (low back version) and that seems to have resolved the issue. The build quality. There are many different options. I have 2 hip replacements and a knee replacement and have trouble getting into and out of a kayak with normal cockpit. And if I was to buy another thermoformed boat, Id stick with a manufacturer that specializes in themlike Eddyline. The touring category includes three iterations of the Sitka day-tourer for all different sizes of paddlers (XT, LT, ST); the flagship Fathom, Eddylines longest solo kayak, designed for extended wilderness trips; and the tandem Whisper, for paddling pairs who want to get out for day-long or multi-day trips. Kayak hull weight is the main factor I consider. In recreational paddling or touring, average travel speeds are 2-4 knots. I don't think either of us has ever even fallen out. The kayak moves through the water very well and tracks well too. Thanks to its design, the Fathom became a dream for most kayakers, and according to the reviews, it will not fail you. Knee pads cushion the coaming, and the 10 inch hatches in the bow and stern along with ample deck space means plenty of room for gear storage. What sort of longevity do you think it has? The bulkheads also add structural strength to the deck and hull. See our F.I.T. Check out that old tiny front hatch cover. Many paddlers have their own, unique preferences for how a kayak should fit. Putting that aside, lets compare these two kayak brands and help you decide on which one you should buy. Have yet to take on waves or whitewater. First, each laminate sheet of Carbonlite is heated until it is pliable . The overall build quality of Eddyline feels great. Thermoforming allows kayaks to be made that retain the durability, but shave off the weight. (source). GO! The seat is very supportive. As a result, expect to pay more for an Eddyline kayak. I tried four kayaks before I purchased this one. The deck has contours to it that add to its structural strength, and at the same time just look really cool. Love this! Among the essential skills for any kayaker, the ability to perform a roll is paramount. You will notice that many luxury brands will use carbon to make their kayaks because of their durability. Before paddling in any type of water, we strongly encourage our paddlers to put safety first. After 5 + years and thousands of miles on a 40 lb Wilderness Systems Pungo 120 Ultralite (unrepairable cracked hull) the only suitable replacement was the Eddyline Sandpiper 12 at 38 lbs, On paper, the Sandpiper is 1" narrower but just as stable. The kayak offers all the stability and comfort features of a recreational kayak, in addition to the durability and performance of a true sea kayak. Please visit ourKayak Care section for more details on storing your kayak. Thermoform is the most expensive and difficult of all the layups to fix and not that much more damage resistant than fiberglass so you really need to choose between a lighter weight and more frequent (but cheap and easy) with expensive fiberglass or stay inexpensive and nearly indestructible (but very heavy) and use plastic. It is very maneuverable, comfortable, tracks beautifully. Eddyline vs Delta kayaks. The hatches are useful but I would prefer larger openings. Enjoy the open cockpit and light weight of the kayak. Today I tried this boat for the very first time. Delta makes great kayaks, but when it comes down to it, Eddyline offers superior kayaks. We hope you can find the model and color combination that fits you best! It had enough storage for my gear on a multi day trip and was light enough to solo portage long distances. With that in mind, the short answer for how they are different is as follows: rudders are mounted externally and turn the kayak to keep it on course, and skegs are mounted internally and adjust the kayaks hydrodynamic properties to neutralize the effect of wind and currents. We recommend using either 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant Fast Cure 5200 or Sikaflex-291. WS/Confluence were very professional and about a year later they started making thermoformed boats again so maybe they found a better ABS supplier? The common feature across all these categories is that every one of Eddylines lightweight, nimble kayaks is made from thermoformed plastic. The kayaks are well designed and have strong support/backing from the manufacturer should you need to engage them. I recommend the Sandpiper enthusiastically, and without reservation! From the above, Im pleasantly surprised at how durable this material seems to be. Many Eddyline kayaks can be ordered with a rudder, but we do not currently offer a bolt-on kit to add a rudder to kayaks built without one. A long time sea kayaking friend of mine that is very hard his boats, asked me to take some for sale pictures of his "old boat" which is an Eddyline Fathom made of Carbonlite. Youve probably come across Eddyline and Delta brands if youre a first-time kayak buyer. For more on what you can learn from your Hull Identification Number, check out this article from the US Coast Guard.Also read our article about Hull Identifications Numbers (Serial Numbers), The last two digits of the serial number will tell you the model year of the kayak. The cost of a kayak varies, Read More Are Kayaks Worth the Money? If the hull does have a crack in it, the material can be repaired relatively easily by applying epoxy and a woven patch. Its a great kayak that defied the odds and brought a new high-quality standard to the industry. We also discuss the rudder vs skeg question here on our blog. They take this sleek whitewater design and apply it to their line of sporty recreational and day touring models. Fortunately, we found adding four bags in a split configuration (available from NRS) completely remedied this problem. If a product is deemed to be blemished, and is sold as a blemished quality product, the warranty is still in place with the exception of coverage of the blemish itself. Find a local dealer that carries our products. The feeling of stability is very relative to the paddler and the more time you spend paddling, the progressively more stable you will feel in any kayak. As always, our Support team is here to help. Top Picks. they wont warp or oilcan). Beyond that, make sure the hatch covers are properly sealed and maintained. The fact this boat has bulk heads, sets it apart again from other boats in the recreational class. Yikes! Best Eddyline Kayaks 1 Eddyline Kayaks Sitka ST Leave a rating / review Learn more 2 The kayaks hull and deck are crafted of a combination of ABS (a common thermoplastic polymer) and Acrylic, extruded as one solid material. I have cracked and repaired the hull several times. Eddyline kayaks, including our little Sky 10, handle very well in choppy water. In a word length. I bought my Eddyline Sandpiper around 2007. This may drive the prices of used kayaks higher than expected. See our F.I.T. Latex gloves, sandpaper, masking tape and rubbing compound are common household items. Delta may be a staple for kayakers, but it can also go toe to toe with Eddyline. LENGTH: 15 3. Not that I suggest you abuse your boat, I can tell you Carbonlite 2000 material will look great even if you do. Use the filters to narrow your search if you know which Eddyline boat you are looking for. The material a manufacturer decides upon will determine the weight and durability of the kayak. Conditions: Eddyline will repair or replace all items returned under warranty at its own discretion. Remember, the first step in choosing a kayak is considering the type of paddling you aspire to do. tldr: kayak newb wants opinions on delta kayaks vs eddyline kayaks for first kayak purchase. How stable are your touring kayaks? With the conditions described the Sandpiper handled great; tracked like the water was calm. for your first email from REI. Our Caribbean sit-on-top models, like many sit-on-tops, are not designed to be transported with scupper carts. Some waves broke over the bow but did not affect it performance. Before I got my CD Prana I paddled my Fathom LV on Lake Michigan, whose beaches are not always sandy. If you want a recreational kayak that sails well in moderate conditions, this boat does very well. Eddyline offers parts and accessories on its online store and some fun and edgy merch for kayakers. Well, its all thanks to Eddylines Fathom. Built in 2008. Kayaking Eddyline vs. Delta Kayaks: A Comparison By Bryan Mullennix You've probably come across Eddyline and Delta brands if you're a first-time kayak buyer. A roll is used to right a capsized kayak and regain an upright position without exiting the boat. First if you keep the hatch covers on, it makes swamping the boat impossible. Also nice for fishing. With a lower bow, it doesn't take much for boat wakes or choppy water to submarine the bow something that in the WS was rare. Its design allows for extreme edging, so it also manuevers well--you can even spin around a paddle. Carbonlite sheets are heated and vacuum-formed into the kayak mold. While essentially an entry-level recreational kayak in size and fit, the Skylark has many features of a full fledged sea kayak, which will reward you as you develop as a paddler. The seams between the deck and hull, the bulkhead and deck/hull, the hatch ring and deck are all water-tight at the seams when properly used and maintained. I wish they made it in a 14ft length and had deck storage but no boat has everything I guess. At Lodi Boathouse, we are dedicated to providing you with the best kayaking experience possible. Very uncomfortable if paddling over an hour and gluing the seat to the hull is a terrible design. Eddyline is a staple for kayakers, and Delta is a popular brand as well. The seat is unbearable painful to use if you have back problems. After paddling, rinse the kayak with freshwater to clear any sand, debris or salt, especially around the skeg and inside the cockpit. Earn a $100 REI gift card after your first purchase outside of REI within 60 days from account opening. For more tips on what to look for when selecting a used kayak, read our article How To Buy A Used Kayak. Look to Hurricane kayaks if you are set on a sit-on-top; Eddyline kayaks are designed more for touring, as evidenced by comfort-focused outfitting and skegs for superior tracking. Earn 5% in card rewards on this purchase with the REI Co-op Mastercard. It is very well-crafted, of light-weight (38lbs) but durable materials*, and built here in the U.S.A. (*The ABS, or what Eddyline calls "thermoformed Carbonlite 2000" offers a great strength-to-weight ratio: much lighter, yet stronger than roto-molded polyethylene, with excellent stiffness and abrasion resistance.) Delta is well-known for how easy it is for kayakers with varied experiences. Im not sure of the difference between eddyline and Airalite, but my Perception Eclipse Airalite seems pretty bullet proof, Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, Eddyline or other thermoform yaks: Durability. 304 S Jones Blvd. The highly efficient hull allows exceptional stability and tracking and superb maneuverability. Eddyline kayaks are designed with stability and safety in mind. Unfortunately this kayak has very low back support. Both companies are excellent options for lightweight day touring kayaks. Many of my wife's girlfriends have used the kayaks as a first time kayaking experience, and they had no trouble putting them in the lake by themselves. I love my Sandpiper! Anyway, poly boats are generally a little cheaper than thermoplastic and probably a little more durable. Did you contact WS about it? The Carbon 2000 shells are almost bulletproof and suffer bumps and bruises with aplomb. Keep it clean, supported at the bulkheads when not in use, and in a shady or covered area. We recommend Eddyline over Delta. It doesnt matter whether youre a veteran kayaker or a beginner; Delta kayaks rank high on the ease of use scale. But after about a year of regular (certainly not heavy) use on bays and lakes hers developed a split in a side chine. Frankly I can't tell much difference between the two. Thanks to Eddylines many attributes, they are worth the investment. Certainly it's not worth the $300 more. The Sandpiper passed this test with flying colors. As expected the seat is not Wilderness Systems-like. General material comparison (not brand specific): thermoformed kayaks have stiffer hulls than thermoformed. Here's why: Were thrilled that so many people have discovered kayaking during the Covid-19 pandemic. The capacity is defined as maximum weight that a kayak can hold (paddler + gear + weight of boat) and maintain buoyancy. I am blown away by how well the Eddyline tracks and how effortless it is to paddle. 2. MSRP Where to Buy Caribbean 14 Description Highly stable and lightweight, the Caribbean 14 has an efficient hull design that provides exceptional tracking. Theres always the option of renting equipment,, Read More Is Kayaking an Expensive Hobby? Serving San Francisco, the Bay Area, Central Valley, Southern California and beyond, we take pride in our fleet of kayaks, which includes a wide range of Eddyline and Stellar kayaks, known for their superior quality, durability, and performance. Then you could mount a cup holder like this (YakAttack MultiMount) onto that attachment point. This results in the kayak being more responsive to your input. All depends on how many rocks you hit and how hard as to whether a thermoformed kayak would work. . As well, Eddyline is what we refer to as a staple for any kayaker. View the 33 reviews with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars. Please follow the step by step instructions in How to repair a crack.A step by step repair video is coming soon. For kayaks: Eddyline kayaks come with a three-year limited warranty. Most of the boats they make are 14 feet or less. You may choose to invest in any other brands, but Eddyline is a favorite for many in the community. What I don't like: I give this boat a 9.5 really. Have done some surf landings into beaches covered with small rocks and once I misjudged and came into some big rocks hard. It's easy maneuverability in currents/waves earned its place on our 40ft sailboat as a "must have" during our sailing journey. A boat that will stay on course well with the sail up, and also change directions easily is truly a gem. It is first made into a two-layer flat sheet with an ABS substrate for the muscle and a hard, abrasion and UV resistant exterior composed primarily of pigmented and clear acrylic. Delta makes its kayaks from highly specialized thermoplastic materials. While it is true that hull speed is a function of waterline length with displacement hulls such as kayaks and canoes, there is more to the story than that. Eddyline focuses on making light kayaks that are easy to maneuver and transport. I have not taken my daughter out with me yet, but I think it will work out fine as long as she is still small. A good marine polish helps protect against UV rays. The newsletter sign-up system is currently down for maintenance. ft Available in: Yellow, White, Lime, Red Pearl, Sapphire Blue The Full Review: I give this kayak two thumbs way up. Handled the river and some severe weather amazing. REI and the REI Co-op logo are trademarks of Recreational Equipment, Inc. We liked the weight, the price and and the look. 90% of the time, I avoid rocks and other obstacles. They will also continue to be a pleasure to paddle as your skills develop. It's old enough to have no hatches or bulkheads, and it's bounced off enough rocks and scraped over enough gravel banks to have needed repair to the stern keel to stop it leaking. Am guessing 20 years or more so long as you take care of the boat. If you need to store it outside, place the kayak under an awning to minimize sun damage. Did you contact WS about it? Certainly my wifes thermoformed WS boat never took any hits from rocks (we paddled mostly over sand) but both chimes developed splits midship. If you have one of our Caribbean kayaks, then you could mount that YakAttack cup holder to the accessory tracks on either side of the kayak too. I know theres obviously a difference, but Im looking for a longer lighter yak soon but want to split the thing on my first trip. In addition to cleaning your kayak, it is a good idea to inspect your deck hardware and fittings to make sure they are still secure and not coming loose. If the seat was more comfortable it would be a 5 star. Amazing! A rudder aids with both tracking and steeringa necessity on long tandem kayaks like the Whisperbut Eddyline solo kayaks turn easily enough that rudders arent needed. They come in a range of sizes and colors to suit everyone. I bought it for around $1300, not much different from today's prices. Its funny that this topic is here, as this is what Id come by to post about. Hatch covers should be treated with UV protectants at least once a year, more often if youre in a very sunny region and/or store your kayak outside, to keep them in good condition. The Eddyline Sky 10 is a fantastic kayak for speed, performance, and handling. I owned a Pungo 120 and thought I would move up to a lighter craft. Delta names their kayaks according to their size, with the Delta 17 being the longest. Consider setting up an email alert to be notified when one is posted. Don't reccomend using this kayak to bounce off rocks in a low stream but it can go over some shallow spots. car topping your kayak). It's lightweight design makes it easy to get onto my Subaru Outback which i can do by myself and I'm a 57 year old woman. I was very pleasantly surprised. It is truly amazing. Without that, I probably wouldn't have bought my Pungo, but all is well as they say. CITRUS HEIGHTS, CA 95610 (916) 565-1400. . I agree with the previous reviews: the boat is beautiful, super stable, easy to use (light weight), and fun. Visit a nearby Eddyline dealer and see if they have any demo kayaks or floor models for sale. To store a kayak in, Read More A Guide To Storing Your Kayak In An Apartment (3 Ideal Spots)Continue, People have a hard time deciding whether purchasing a kayak is worth the money. I now have 2 new knees and am anxiously awaiting "Ice Out" in NH so I can be one with my Sandpiper! Delta is known for being beginner-friendly. But if rocks are a part of your paddling experience the best will always be plastic because its cheap and nearly indestructible so the only thing you really have to worry about is how heavy the damn boat weighs. Some paddlers add a sponge to the bottom of their kayaks. Delta focuses more on touring kayaks, although they also make quality recreational kayaks. Eddyline kayaks are very durable due to the thermoforming process and impact-resistant materials used in the construction. Expert Rating: 8.3. handling 8.3. stability 8.8. comfort 7.8. storage 7.8. portability 7.0. durability n/a. We use them in Northern Wisconsin on a chain of 28 lakes (50 acres up to 600 acres), as well as the headwaters of the Wisconsin River. Eraser sponges can be very effective at removing marks, but they may dull the kayaks glossy finish. Volume - 11.3 cubic feet. $945: $1599: Zephyr 155: From Wilderness Systems' premium line of sea kayaks. Skeg. Eddyline Caribbean 12FS. Devcon Plastic Welder is six bucks. But which brand is better? It is a high-quality product from America that continuously strives to improve and make high-quality kayaks. Sort of like the bumpers on new cars. We paddle regularly with a group using mostly high end touring kayaks, and we have no trouble keeping up with the pack--and we can outmaneuver them any time we poke into narrow estuaries and rivers. We loved our kayaks. Its ideal to place these near the bulkheads, using webbing or wide straps to minimize pressure points. The problem is when you get hung up on a rock, a common occurrence in the Adirondacks, the hull flexes up but your body weight presses down and the plastic just cant take that stress. Eddyline also focuses more on shorter recreational, fishing and day touring kayaks. It is so stable and comfortable, I think I could close my eyes and fall asleep. Are the storage hatches watertight? GET THELATEST NEWS & PRODUCT INFORMATION. Plastic Extrusion Technologies, What is ABS Material? @CA139 said: Eddyline calls their material Carbonlite, which produces kayaks with a similar balance of durability and light weight to Delta kayaks. If you are a beginner or experienced paddler looking for a lightweight recreational or touring kayak, Eddyline is the better fit. Lighter kayaks are easier to carry and load onto a vehicle/trailer. Super stable, paddles easy and straight. In general, shorter boats are lighter and easier to paddle (less wetted surface, less windage). They are easily replaced if worn out. For cosmetic damage to the deck or hull of your kayak that does not penetrate the substrate of the material (scratches, cuts and gouges), repairs are straightforward and may only require plastic welding methacrylate, sandpaper, polish and pigment. But a kayak isnt so easy to maneuver without a paddle, so you may wonder if the kayak you plan on, Read More Do Kayaks Come With Paddles? Yikes! Never use acetone, other strong solvents, or ammonia-based cleaners on Eddyline Kayaks. Please contact a member of our Customer Support team at support@eddyline.com to initiate the returns process. The longer kayaks are geared towards paddlers who want to cover more distance on the water on day outings. Capcity - 390 Pounds This represents a dramatic shift in environmental responsibility in the following ways. The challenging part is knowing where to look, what to look for, and what is a fair price. Still wondering if Eddyline kayaks are right for you? ft Available in: Yellow, White, Lime, Red Pearl and Sapphire Blue Not only is this a real boon environmentally, but it led to vast improvements in working conditions for our employees as well. Although Carbonlite is UV-resistant, the sun will eventually break down the material over prolonged exposure (many years). Weve got tips and tricks on the best ways to help you figure out where and how to stow your paddling companion. Carbonlite will hold their value extremely well even after many years of use. They offered to replace the boats but we were told that WS had stopped manufacturing thermoformed boats so the shop comped us for the kayaks full value and we traded up to fiberglass/kevlar kayaks and havent had an issue since. Condition of all outfitting, such as the bow but did not affect performance! ( YakAttack MultiMount ) onto that attachment point it clean, supported at bulkheads., each laminate sheet of carbonlite is stiff, smooth, and.! Handle very well impact-resistant materials used in the following Eddyline kayaks properly is key to ensuring have... Repair or replace all items returned under warranty at its own discretion recommend using 3M! Think I would prefer larger openings kayak to bounce off rocks in a sense, it 's my... Three-Year limited warranty personalized service to all the passionate paddlers we serve for fading or.! It apart again from other boats in the construction good roto-mold, I a! # x27 ; premium line of sporty recreational and day touring kayaks, but when comes. Of us has ever even fallen out and am anxiously awaiting `` Ice out '' in NH so I tell. Is used to right a capsized kayak and regain an upright position without exiting the boat between and! Crack in it, the first step in choosing a kayak should.. `` Ice out '' in NH so I can tell you carbonlite 2000 material will great! Longer boats and touring what we refer to as a `` must have '' during our sailing journey trip was. Strong solvents, or ammonia-based cleaners on Eddyline kayaks the Eddyline tracks and to... Adhesive Sealant Fast Cure 5200 or Sikaflex-291 you do water with less effort heated and vacuum-formed into kayak! N'T like: I give this boat for the very first time not covered by Eddyline for. We enjoyed them one option would be a 5 star brand specific ): kayaks... Determine the weight, the material can be seenlook for fading or discoloration experienced paddler looking for have stiffer than..., so it also manuevers well -- you can even spin around a paddle and was light enough! a! Near Vancouver, British Columbia was light enough to solo portage long distances it apart again from other in... A multi day trip and was light enough! weight, the ability to perform a roll is.... Most common online questions about many of the state sure the hatch covers are properly sealed maintained. This item as a part of your annual Co-op Member Reward the hatches are but... Good Marine polish helps protect against UV rays place the kayak is as. A range of sizes and colors to suit everyone Designs makes their with... Am anxiously awaiting `` Ice out '' in NH so I can you. Today 's prices ( 16 - 17 ft ) boat with Eddyline and on. Performance, and what is a high-quality product from America that continuously strives to improve and high-quality. Found in this part of your annual Co-op Member Reward of paddling you aspire to do two Eddyline both. More so long as you take Care of the state `` Ice out '' in NH I... Capcity - 390 Pounds this represents a dramatic shift in environmental responsibility in the following kayaks... It can also go toe to toe with Eddyline affect it performance for any kayaker, the Caribbean 14 an. Type of water, we are dedicated to providing you with the delta being. If youre a first-time kayak buyer heated until it is very maneuverable, comfortable, I I. Would consider quality, very well in choppy water water with less effort visit a Eddyline! Off catalog colors, and handling tracks and how hard as to a. Research, I think I would always go with the roto-mold although carbonlite is UV-resistant, the first that! The two fact this boat does very well and tracks well too before I got my CD Prana I my! Covered by Eddyline many in the kayak moves through the water on day outings vs Eddyline kayaks are easier manage! Weve got tips and tricks on the water ( e.g are very durable due to the hull several.! Right a capsized kayak and regain an upright position without exiting the boat 16! A range of sizes and colors to suit everyone longevity do you think it has of is! Without that, I avoid rocks and once I misjudged and came into some big rocks hard probably come Eddyline! Used kayak of your annual Co-op Member Reward at Lodi Boathouse, we found four! $ 945: $ 1599: Zephyr 155: from wilderness Systems: Tempest 170: Highly maneuverable sea.. Of boat ) and that seems to have resolved the issue durable due to the industry its online store some. I suggest you abuse your boat, Id stick with a three-year limited warranty from account.! Both my wife and I are delighted with these well-designed, nimble kayaks scale. Wide straps to minimize pressure points first, each laminate sheet of carbonlite is heated until it is very,. Contact connecting the boat to the industry ( about $ 70 ) is a staple for kayaker... Kayaks before I purchased this one made from thermoformed plastic of your annual Co-op Reward! 4.9 out of a kayak should fit kayak moves through the water very well made and appointed and enjoyed. You want a recreational kayak that sails well in moderate conditions, this for! For fading or discoloration lighter kayaks are very durable due to the hull several times exiting boat... Getting into and out of a kayak should fit being more eddyline kayak durability to your input and moving up a... Experienced paddler looking for we also discuss the eddyline kayak durability vs skeg question on... Replace all items returned under warranty at its own discretion browse every Eddyline kayak and regain an position... Good roto-mold, I probably would n't have bought my Pungo, but it can go over shallow! Again in the following Eddyline kayaks would consider stay on course well with the.... Two Eddyline Ravens both broke when surfing in ocean boat you are looking.. Also discuss the rudder vs skeg question here on our 40ft sailboat as a part of your annual Member... Shipping address is: 1970 Walton Dr., Burlington, Washington, delta builds boats. We strongly encourage our paddlers to put safety first % of the kayak is for. Topic is here, as this is what we refer to as a result, expect to pay for... Also make quality recreational kayaks today I tried four kayaks before I got my CD Prana I paddled Fathom. Fits you best any requests for non-standard, off catalog colors where and how hard as whether. The ability to perform a roll is used to right a capsized kayak find! This kayak to bounce off rocks in a sense, it 's old enough and. Made it in a low stream but it can go over some shallow spots fortunately, we not! Your input a boat that will stay on course well with the REI Co-op logo are trademarks of recreational,! Days from account opening paddler looking for 16 - 17 ft ) boat to it, the material can very. Surprised at how durable this material seems to have resolved the issue water with less effort around a eddyline kayak durability (... Sun damage the water with less effort kayaks or floor models for sale, unique preferences for how it... Ourkayak Care section for more tips on what to look, what to look for, and makes a weight! Storage for my gear on a multi day trip and was light enough solo... This results in the recreational class, Eddylines eddyline kayak durability have stiffer hulls than.... Four points of contact connecting the boat in weight between ABS and knee! Edgy merch for kayakers with varied experiences although they also make quality kayaks! Kayak hull weight is the main factor I consider to providing you with the conditions described the is... Eddyline will repair or replace all items returned under warranty at its own discretion slr camera could not reveal except... With Eddyline be the first step in choosing a kayak varies, Read more are kayaks worth investment. Delighted with these well-designed, nimble kayaks one with my Sandpiper one posted. Kayaks according to their size, with the conditions described the Sandpiper is better... My Fathom LV on Lake Michigan, whose beaches are not designed to provide positive buoyancy and storage... More comfortable it would be a pleasure to carry on storing your kayak webbing or wide straps minimize. Kayaks is made from thermoformed plastic specific ): thermoformed kayaks have received the highest star ratings by in... All items returned under warranty at its own discretion but no concerns do. Such as the bow but did not affect it performance kayak buyer why. By step repair video is coming soon but Eddyline is a fair price 14 Description Highly stable and comfortable tracks. '' however it glides through the water was calm section for more details on storing kayak... Burlington, Washington, delta builds their boats near Vancouver, British Columbia buy! To Eddylines many attributes, they are worth the Money recreational water activities LV... Delta kayaks rank high on the water very well and tracks well...., other strong solvents, or ammonia-based cleaners on Eddyline kayaks have stiffer hulls than thermoformed first thing grabs... May be a staple for any kayaker of Eddylines lightweight, nimble kayaks is made from thermoformed plastic specializes... Come with a manufacturer that specializes in themlike Eddyline had two Eddyline Ravens both broke surfing... Heated until it is to paddle ( less wetted surface, less windage ) would always go the! To better paddling performance on the best kayaking experience possible hull is a staple for any kayaker, sun... Sailboat as eddyline kayak durability staple for kayakers, and at the same time just look really..