sass background image: url

example: Of course, there is an assets folder in angular where you will put the images (to have it working locally you can just url("^assets/images")) but the point is that when you want to deploy it in production, maybe you will copy your assets folder content to your server.com/myapp/myfiles folder, so in this case it's very useful, otherwise, the builder will try to resolve the path and it will throw an error because it can't found the files (actually, it has a problem when the url is relative). Is there a better way to do this? margin-right: 20px; The syntax to specify URL value for background-image property is background-image: url ("path/to/image"); If the size of background image and HTML element are not same, the background image is not resized to that of the HTML Element. Compass can do way better than my silly Sass variable. For instance, /mobile/img/image.png was served from /img/image.png. $a-tags: 'a, a:active, a:hover, a:visited, a:active, a:hover'; Web CSS SCSS/SASS HAML Rails. Good question. Then your css will look something like that: But beware this will also trigger the asset_path helper to return absolute urls as well, but chances are very high, that if you want absolute urls in the css you also want it everywhere. Please fix this, it's very sad that it's now "The recommended method to transition is to use relative paths within the source stylesheet". By variations above, I meant I tried all reasonable versions of ../ and ../.. and ../../.. and so on. Returning the value of the last iterators used in a double for loop. All of this can be accomplished by writing a pure Sass function. I would like to be able to use the relative file path in the scss file. There is still this fix if you can use custom-webpack. Then just call remote-image-url instead of image-url when you want the path in there! SCSS CSS Rails, sass --watch? Your email address will not be published. Define at least two colors: Demo linear-gradient() Sets a linear gradient as the background image. sass sass --watch css/scss:css/.. .. The problem with that is that I can't change the sprite.scss, it is generated by the svg-sprite package. The syntax to specify URL value for background-image property is. Configuring webpack is one option, but as discussed above, it makes the bundle size large. This animation adds an illusion of depth to your background creating a parallax scrolling stars effect. background-image: url('/assets/images/pattern-dot-grid.svg'); A couple of the workarounds here are basically: "just use absolute paths". We can use relative path instead of absolute path: To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. btw I am not getting any errors for entirely wrong paths either as I used to. The advantage of this is your SCSS or CSS or image files can be placed in any location in your domain structure. I get the following, rocking Angular CLI: 7.3.0, Angular: 7.2.3. The error message for the sake of all the information: I found this on stack overflow: The first layer specified is drawn as if To specify more than one image, separate the URLs with a comma: Demo none: No background image will be displayed. It was a combination of the above and needing to restart webpack dev server between fiddling with the loaders. CSS (SASS). Man thats a crazy situation right there. csssass. With prdesse, how would I specify what role the subject is useful in? What changes did you make?So I have my webpack correctly configured , however I am unable to set a background Image to my header component. Tutorials, references, and examples are constantly reviewed to avoid errors, but we cannot warrant full correctness of all content. Images. Needless to say, I have lost a few hours of sleep over figuring out this config.rb flow. What is the context of this Superman comic panel in which Luthor is saying "Yes, sir" to address Superman? This post helped me immensely with the problem of using Compass helpers (specifically image-url() ) on a WordPress child theme when the theme directory is contained in a deep directory or when the CSS directory is in a different location than the root of a theme directory. Can I switch from FSA to HSA mid-year while switching employers? So I can use relative paths (image-url(sprite.png or arrows.png)) on each SCSS without being specific about the location. sas wallpaper wallpoper I know this is solved by using an absolute path for the image. The id attribute is the unique identifier in an HTML document. That was actually the path that led me to look into loaders. On compile it balks at first instance of variable in the background url property saying ("Invalid CSS after "..site/background": expected ")"). If magic is accessed through tattoos, how do I prevent everyone from having magic? HTMLCSSSublime Text Images showing up now and I cant get the smile off my face . When starting a sentence with an IUPAC name that starts with a number, do you capitalize the first letter? I tried this on your repo and it compiled successfully (using ../..). Each SCSS or CSS uses lots of images that if we just dump to the images_dir="img" directory it looks like a big mess. Executing the method in Figure 1, I only had to change the $assets_path and call it a day, but thats not good enough yet. Pourquoi ? sas counter strike wallpaper background macOS High Sierra. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. The # CSS id selector is used to set the style of the given id. margin:0px; If you want to report an error, or if you want to make a suggestion, do not hesitate to send us an e-mail: W3Schools is optimized for learning and training. after building the app, the ~ char is replaced with whatever value you provide to the --base-href attribute. is good for image in yr header component. If length or width of background image is greater than that of HTML Element, then the background image appears cropped. sass How can I self-edit? The background image can also be set for specific elements, like the

element: Get certifiedby completinga course today! Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. Setting the value for http_images_path will direct all your image assets to your production server, CDN or any other dark closet youre hiding things in. I use ng build --prod --localize command and has configured 2 languages but there no added language directory to url path when I write like this background-image: url('~/assets/icon.svg') rev2023.4.6.43381. WebWith CSS, when you want to use a background image, it's usually necessary to provide the relative path to the image from the CSS. Good enough in fact that I decided to ask the man himself. I can't quite figure out if this is possible in pure Sass (the actual web project is not RoR, so can't use asset_pipeline or any of that fancy jazz). I think the recommended approach here is to put these sprite file in the assets folder, and use root level paths (starting with /) for urls in sass files that are imported by other sass files. margin-left: 20px; More info at, sass-lang.com/documentation/at-rules/import#plain-css-imports, http://blog.grayghostvisuals.com/compass/image-url/. Web CSS SCSS/SASS HAML Rails. sass backgrounds class column In the following examples, we try out background-image with different kinds of values for url(). sass css/scss/* css/*.css. hardly readable: Note: When using a background image, use an image that does not disturb the text. Would you mind sharing how did you set up the background Image. Sponsored by #native_company# Learn More, This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google. . Adding something to the above correct answers. Successfully merging a pull request may close this issue. Can two unique inventions that do the same thing as be patented? github.com That is awesome Ethan. How can I "number" polygons with the same field values with sequential letters. See this document fordetails. Do publishers accept translation of papers? To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Also works in quoted paths e.g. That way if $width already has units, youll get a nice error message instead of compiling bogusCSS. I recently had used this in scss and it worked fine for me While indeed resolve-url-loader might work in some cases, this relies on a non standard behaviour as it uses sourcemaps to rewire the paths. Add the same line to src/app/app.component.scss. http://chriseppstein.github.com/blog/2010/05/17/where-are-your-images, http://compass-style.org/reference/compass/helpers/urls/#stylesheet-url, http://compass-style.org/help/tutorials/configuration-reference, https://twitter.com/chriseppstein/status/370585253720510465. Webmixinclass.float-left. Q&A for work. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Well yes, if I use a relative path in the one sass-file, it uses it as relative from every other file where I import it. Interpolation can be used in SassScript to inject SassScript into unquoted strings. php artisan key:generate Cheers! take one $var and it will make it easier for you. Then if it's included by thing1/root.scss AND thing2/root.scss, I guess whoopsie daisy? Favs. Maybe I'm missing something in the angular-cli setup, so I can use this way of path-handling. Now youve gotta sift through hundreds, or even thousands of lines of code and swap out the url. What if the url to those image assets change? Sass stands with the protesters against police violence. wouldn't: $img and then setting that to /folder/img.ext be far easier? I have setup the base href to "/myapp/" on localhost it is set to "/". Have no fear though as we can solve this problem in a nontrivial manner using a special compass helper called image-url. It contains well written, well thought and well explained computer science and programming articles, quizzes and practice/competitive programming/company interview Questions. margin:0px; Tried it out, works perfect. Something like: This should be common knowledge, but it is relative, so how to get this url absolute? Forgot to tack on.. is it possible to store the image_url result in a variable? The template contains the following: Main background (images/lead-bg.jpg) - this is the main background image provided via Unsplash. is jessica redmayne related to eddie redmayne sass background image: url. Police took Montana's fingerprints and searched every missing person report in the surrounding areas to no avail. .bg { background: url ('data: '); } For a raster image like a PNG, the data of that image needs to be in base64 format. Super helpful article, didnt know about the relative assets function. This will keep browser caches from displaying the wrong image if you change the image but not the url. I generate "color packs" for my theme designs and need to specify the following variables for my mixin. Finally, I found the solution of the problem, it was in the URL path it should be like this: background: url ('./../../img/curve3.png') 100%; not this : background: url ('./../../../img/curve3.png') 100%; I should began from the main.scss not from myfile.scss. Just found that when using a caret ^ as the first character on the url provided in url(), the angular building process ignores it (it's actually a postcss-loader plugin), so with that you can use anything including relative urls expecting different base-hrefs. Sass itself doesn't provide Url rewiring. Okay I just figured it out, just for somebody else in the future I used /img/blabla.png The template contains the following: Main background (images/lead-bg.jpg) - this is the main background image provided via Unsplash. Im not a huge expert here, but as far as I understand, base64 is safe for use in something like HTML or CSS because it only uses 64 characters known to be safe in those formats. Snow Particle Scene Sliding Diagonals Background Effect CodePen Embed Fallback Created by Chris Smith sass sitesbay menu While using W3Schools, you agree to have read and accepted our. Plagiarism flag and moderator tooling has launched to Stack Overflow! css, image, reactjs, webpack Do you observe increased relevance of Related Questions with our Machine Is there a way to prefix the url of an image referenced in .scss in case of CDN usage? A solution is to override the webpack scss loaders or (a clean way) is to use the next approach by including the target files in the assets directories, even of third party modules. I have tried the following combinations, but without any luck :-|, './assets/images/myimage.png' Drilling through tiles fastened to concrete, Seeking Advice on Allowing Students to Skip a Quiz in Linear Algebra Course. It was just netbeans error and no error in sass compiling. Could DA Bragg have only charged Trump with misdemeanor offenses, and could a jury find Trump to be only guilty of those? Webselmon brothers bbq sauce recipe; best websites for tesla browser; lacerta files debunked; sass background image: url; how can the identifiability of personal information be reduced Helping Create A Better Web. Please consider not removing rebaseRootRelativeCssUrls build option (#14587) until this issue is fixed. Probably this is bug of angular 9, The CLI also adjusts the HTML base HREF for each version of the application by adding the locale to the configured baseHref. Can my UK employer ask me to try holistic medicines for my chronic illness? background: url(/images/backscreen.png); my compiled css file was however in the same folder as my scss file, i cant see where your compiled css file is at and how your index.html file is pointing to it at, other than that dont see what the problem is , you can look at my file structure Read more about our automatic conversation locking policy. https://angular.io/guide/i18n. On March 29, 2023, WordPress 6.2 Dolphy was released to the public. Dereje1/Pinterest-Clone/blob/master/public/stylesheets/style.scss We encourage our users to get in the streets and join them if you can. WebTo display an image as background, set CSS background-image property with URL value. The text is From cryptography to consensus: Q&A with CTO David Schwartz on building Building an API is half the battle (Ep. @iwnow This has been said to cause the app to be deployed with images copies to the dist folder (out of the assets folder) meaning you have multiple copies for no reason. Your email address will not be published. The way webpack dynamically builds everything, it needs to know where things See the documentation here: http://sass-lang.com/docs/yardoc/file.SASS_REFERENCE.html#id35. I am having a similar issue. hey, any comments on how the background-position like "right center" will work/ used. So if you use Sass, LESS or Stylus you can do the same thing using this code - background-image: inline-image ('carat-open.png'); Will also output the Base64 code when Mixture compiles. This will direct all my assets to the URL Ive defined for http_images_pathHot Damn! Can two unique inventions that do the same thing as be patented? The later is sometimes known as inlining images, which accomplishes one of the major advantages of image sprites: combining HTTP requests. This is default: conic-gradient() Sets a conic gradient as the background image. WebCSSSublime Text 2. Then, Gatsby will allow you to access content in this folder by using /images/myImageName.jpg. SCSS CSS Rails, sass --watch? It was just netbeans error and no error in sass compiling. Sleeping on the Sweden-Finland ferry; how rowdy does it get? @mixin@. WebCSS background-attachment The background-attachment property specifies whether the background image should scroll or be fixed (will not scroll with the rest of the page): Example Specify that the background image should be fixed: body { background-image: url ("img_tree.png"); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: right top; Now that you have this nifty Compass helper down why not optimize those images and read my article on optimizing images with Grunt. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Example Position the background image in the top-right corner: body { background-image: url ("img_tree.png"); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: right top; } Try it Yourself http_images_path = "http://static.mysite/img/" Figure 3 and then in our .scss file // bring compass into our project @import "compass"; // image-url () example. If you dont need the cache-buster, you dont need to use Compass. Something like: body { background-image: image-url(background.png); } which will parse into something like: body { background-image: url(/assets/background.png); } This should be common knowledge, but it is relative, so Haha! What's stopping someone from saying "I don't remember"? 1. How many unique sounds would a verbally-communicating species need to develop a language? By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. visibility: hidden; This means that reset-list and reset_list both refer to the same mixin. Learn more about Teams For more information on this release, read the WordPress 6.2 announcement.. For Version 6.2, the database version (db_version in wp_options) updated to 53496, and the Trac revision was 55610.A full list of tickets included in 6.2 can be found on Trac.. Installation/Update I was just wondering if it was possible to have different images directories for different css files to keep things organized. Not the answer you're looking for? asked by So let me see if I get this right, in order to set image as background in scss files using Webpack, I have to change Webpack configuration? Instead of #{$string}, writestring.unquote($string)! On a completely nonconstructive note, calling the article Cover your ASSets would be funnyat least I thought so. Simply set the asset_host config on the action_controller. My production server is running the solution in a subfolder (mydomain.com/myapp/). background-image: url ("bgdesert.jpg"); } Try it Yourself . 1) a url (/path/to/image.jpg) value with a file path or 2) a url (data:) value with a data URL. background-image The background-image CSS property sets one or more background images on an element. The location of the SCSS or CSS file is not important, as long as it's on the same domain. Using our config.rb example above were including two very important helpers http_images_path & relative_assets. Very annoying. We can specify multiple background images by specifying multiple url() values, separated by comma, for background-image. Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! Why can I not self-reflect on my own writing critically? There are two ways to use an image in CSS. For example: Doesnt seem to work, but would definitely improve the workflow. Happened after upgrade to 7. How to reveal/prove some personal information later. is jessica redmayne related to eddie redmayne sass background image: url. You can use inline CSS style depending on how your packs are structured/applied you might be able to use a loop to generate a bunch of generic styles. Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. As always, hit me up with any questions, comments, suggestions or rants. Just a quick background-image: url('../assets/images/pattern-dot-grid.svg'); Write it like this (witout the dots at the beggining) Webmixinclass.float-left. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Well occasionally send you account related emails. border-radius: 6px; It is available for use and modification under the MITLicense. Check out the github file above for the example. Stretch and scale a CSS image in the background - with CSS only. to your account, npm: 6.4.1 @alan-agius4 another point to mention in the past svgs in my css but after giving up and setting assets path now they are loaded as links after build. Add the image into this folder. /*border: 3px solid black;*/ $ . , , , , null . CSS thats some sweet sauce. background: image-url("logo-sprite.png") -277px 0 no-repeat; Figure 4 @bnohad unfortunately this didn't work with --localize flag that has been introduced in angular 9 to compile several language locales using one command. seeing this: #12746 makes me think that updating angular +sass is a nightmare are there any instructions for updating? The issue is about the inability to use relative paths :D. In some cases you can't use absolute because you have a baseHrefUrl like /en/ so / is going out of that folder to a path that doesn't exist. Are these abrasions problematic in a carbon fork dropout. WebIn SassScript. WebIt should be background: url ('background.png'); See here for working demo. I have an SCSS project and I need to use background-image property on a div, but it doesn't find the image. Other wise it shows error in netbeans IDE. So, the above example is domain.com/folder/img/coffee.png - you see the leading / is the base the whole URL is based from. But when I use it inside quotes like below, it show wonder! But when I use it inside quotes like below, it show wonder! 552), Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition. Since this issue prevents using relative URLs, the rebaseRootRelativeCssUrls option is the only workaround when needing to specify a base-href when building. . Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community. This example shows a bad combination of text and background image. Try it The background images are drawn on stacking context layers on top of each other. Damn! Thanks Tate! Look for it to be available hopefully in the 1.1 release. Images. The console complains that the image is not there. Thanks again dude! scss background-image: url () with svg data #2993 Closed Cannot import slick-theme from the slick-carousel package #3164 Closed Can not use @ to import a scss file when the file include a mixin method #6618 Closed Contributor rewriteCssUrls need to differentiate between quoted and unquoted url () values Create a new folder inside of the static directory named "images." Syntax: body { background-attachment: fixed; } Example: HTML