tom dreesen wife

Glenn operates the Dreesen Photography studio in Homewood; Judi owns her own beauty shop in Peotone; Margie works for a newspaper in Peotone; Dennis is in the home repair business; Wally lives in Memphis, where he is a singer and actor; and Alice is a homemaker in Florida. This article will clarify Tom Dreesen's Bio, Age, Wife, Movies, Wikipedia, and other information. There was no such thing as welfare in those days he says. Like us on Facebook. We're a couple of neighborhood guys.' And he's got such a good heart.". "No," he said, "but I'll be happy to sing for you.". They have three children together, Amy, Tom, Jennifer. Any blue collar family you always knew, you had to work for it if you were gonna get, it it was the mantra in my neighborhood he says with no regrets. His mother would eventually stop drinking. There was industry here and it was a microcosm of America: Irish, Italian, Jewish, Polish, Spanish and black. Both were alcoholics. And so, at the suggestion of an 8th grade girl who told them that they were really funny, Tim and Tom pursued a standup act. "So it's 1:30 in the morning. He is standing on 155th Street in Harvey when he says this. He toured cross country and opened for Frank Sinatra for 13 years. [citation needed]. We connect brands with social media talent to create quality sponsored content. Who is Tom Dreesen dating? He did not share this with anyone but neither did he speak to Polizzi for many years. Tom had had over 500 appearances on national television as a stand up comedian. Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Tim & Tom: A 'Black And White' Comedy Duo", "Still Standing: My Journey from Streets and Saloons to the Stage, and Sinatra", Palm Springs Walk of Stars by date dedicated, 'WKRP' vet Reid, standup Dreesen's previous life, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tom_Dreesen&oldid=1142039384, Short description is different from Wikidata, BLP articles lacking sources from May 2014, Articles with unsourced statements from May 2014, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 28 February 2023, at 05:10. They have three children together, Amy, Tom, Jennifer. Dreesen knelt. Now, if you want, you can go tell the world. To Burbank he went up, up and away! See more videos of Tom on. By 1974, after some years of moderate success, Tim had decided to give a solo career a shot. "Think about my real father and Sinatra. In short order, there was a $10,000 check from CBS to hold him to a development deal. Tom Dreesen Comedian - Tom Dreesen Stand Up Dreesen and Reid teamed up as Tim and Tom, they were the first biracial stand-up comedy duo in the United States. Standing backstage, he was introduced to Sinatra's lawyer, Mickey Rudin, who had been hearing good things about Dreesen. Dreesen started a drug-education program for grammar schools and began to speak in front of classes and assemblies. They have three children together, Amy, Tom, Jennifer. How you doing? ", "No," said Dreesen. The showroom at Caesars was a notoriously hard room to work for comedians. More information on Tom Dreesen can be found here. When David Letterman was ill in 2003 he asked Dreesen to be guest host on his show. Let's start the story just down the block and 58 years ago. "No, that's my last drink," said Dreesen. By: Marianna Gatto, ISDA Contributing Editor Actor and stand-up comedian Tom Dreesen is best remembered as the opening act for Frank Sinatra, a distinction he held for 14 years. "I quit, and I mean it.". But his life. He could easily be doing what I do. Tom Dreesen was born on September 11, 1939 (age 83) in Harvey, Illinois, United States He is a celebrity comedian His the best movies are Man on the Moon (1999), The Rat Pack (1998), Trouble with the Curve (2012) and Up Your Alley (1989) His popular book is Tim & Tom - An American Comedy in Black and White His education: Thornton Township High School He had 3 children Jennifer Dreesen, Tom Dreesen, Amy Dreesen His spouse is Maryellen Subock (m. 19581984), Reference: Wikipedia, FaceBook, Youtube, Twitter, Spotify, Instagram, Tiktok, IMDb. shouts an approaching woman who is the worse for life's wear and tear, with a face a decade older than her fortysomething years and wearing a tattered brown coat. "Tom, Tom, Tom Dreesen. But he did and this was the story of how he discovered that the man he knew as his father was not his father and that he was the biological child of a tavern owner named Frank Polizzi, who was married to the sister of Dreesens mother. The girl waiting tables was Debra Winger. He had a line in his bar and he told anybody making trouble, 'Now you can go.' Family: He grew up in Illinois, south of Chicago, with his family. Rudin asked, "If I'd give you a week opening for Frank, would you want more than $50,000.". He is also a frequent guest on Letterman's show. Illinois is a beautiful and populous city located in Chicago, Illinois, U.S. United States of America. They kept me alive. Because of their partnership, he says, White people hated me black people hated Tim. It was classic divide and conquer. But the moment I saw my first child born, then I knew.". Dreesen has appeared in acting roles in the television series Columbo, WKRP in Cincinnati and Murder, She Wrote, and in such films as Spaceballs, The Rat Pack and Trouble with the Curve. "Think about it," he says. . "He always wanted to be an actor," says Dreesen about his old (and still) friend Reid, who would go on to become a successful actor, director and producer, perhaps best known for his role as the supercool midnight deejay Venus Flytrap on CBS' "WKRP in Cincinnati." . The American League MVP was a player / manager of the Cleveland Indians whom had just won the World Series. Tom Dreesen (born September 11, 1939) is an American actor and stand-up comedian. "You gotta tell me, do you have any anger or rage? Last year the late-night host invited Dreesen to join him and bandleader Paul Shaffer in entertaining the troops in Iraq on Christmas Day. Tom Dreesen (born September 11, 1939) is an American actor and stand-up comedian. Mike Thomas. His zodiac sign is Virgo. He pushed the two unfinished beers toward the bartender, who had the perfect bartender name of Jimmy LePore. Tom Dreesen is a 80 year old American Actor. Along with his older brother Glenn, who served as his de facto protector and way finder, Tom would sometime spend hours trying to find a means to provide a fuel source for their apartments old coal stove. But might he have been even more? I felt cornered. . He likes everything on the menu but in addition to this being his home away from home, Gibsons sits on spot once occupied by the famous night club, Mister Kellys. We have estimated Help us build our profile of Tom Dreesen! Dreesen is a comedian, actor, military veteran, motivational speaker, talk show host, mentor, charity performer, golfer, singer of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame," and now, author. But the factories began to die out, the shopping centers moved to the outskirts. Tommy, I could never say, I could never say to anybody, 'Hey, that's my kid up there. when she finally started to live-she got married and got pregnant with a son-she got sick. Like Dreesen, he was eager to get involved in his community and made himself available to help. I was just talking to David [Letterman] and he was telling me all about this podcasting thing and I am intrigued and have started exploring doing something like that, he said at Gibsons. Tom Dreesen is a member of the following lists: American television personalities, American stand-up comedians and 1942 births. The album was recorded in front of an all-black audience in Harvey, Illinois. Dec 30, 2009 1.1K Dislike Share Save Laugh Factory 1.21M subscribers Tom Dreesen tells us about his ex-wife at The Laugh Factory of Hollywood, CA. I never let him know just how in awe of him I actually was he didnt need another fan, I picked up on that immediately. In part, its one of the reasons their relationship grew beyond headliner and opener. "That's the tragedy if you're going to make it in showbiz. We talk almost every day and we are in discussions with some producers about maybe a series about our lives. (You can read more about those lives in former Chicago sportswriter Ron Rapoports fine 2008 book, Tim and Tom: An American Comedy in Black and White). Tom Dreesen was an actor who had a successful Hollywood career. It wasnt simple to get the best person in the world. When I was growing up Harvey was thriving. Amy arrived. He supported the strike at The Comedy Store in West Hollywood in 1979. -by Mark Casasanto, images courtesy of Tom Dreesen. He grew up in a shack in the shape of a railroad car behind a factory, the third of the eight children of a waitress mother and a father who worked for a steel company and played trumpet in a band. Sometimes five kids slept in one bed. Tom married Maryellen Subock in 1958. Tom Dreesen was nine years old when Harvey, Illinois celebrated the success of its native son, baseball star, Lou Boudreau. There is no reason he can't do the same thing. He tried to light a fire within his pal, encouraging him to get well so they could hit the road again. It was one of those boy meets girl, girl gets pregnant," he says. As young Tommy Dreesen worked his way back home, he couldnt help but wonder, what it would be like to be recognized in such a way, YOU ONLY DESERVE IN LIFE WHAT YOU WORK FOR. . He has also appeared countless times in Las Vegas, Tahoe, Reno and Atlantic City with artists like Smokey Robinson, Liza Minnelli, Natalie Cole and Sammy Davis, Jr. Dreesen has acted in numerous television shows, from Columbo to Murder She Wrote. For perspective, Dreesen closes his eyes and views his journey through the eyes of his ten year old self. Take a look. Dreesen and Reid teamed up as Tim and Tom, they were the first biracial stand-up comedy duo in the United States. [4] In 2008, Dreesen, Reid, and former Chicago Sun-Times sportswriter Ron Rapoport collaborated on the book Tim and Tom: An American Comedy in Black and White. Anthony LaPaglia - Net Worth, Age, Height, Family, Biography 2023, Anthony Pompliano Net Worth Phone Number, House Address, Wiki, Ashley Massengill Net Worth | Bio, Family, Address, Career, Atlas Monroe Net Worth | Age, Height, Weight, Dating And More, Beyonce S Net Worth Phone Number, House Address, Wiki, Blue Ivy Net Worth Phone Number, House Address, Wiki. Sinatra looked at her. He and Tim Reid were the first biracial comedy duo in the United States. How can I ever get tired of talking about Frank? said Dreesen, one afternoon a few weeks ago. Opened for Frank Sinatra for well over a decade in club and concert appearances throughout the U.S. and Canada. On 9-11-1939, Tom Dreesen was born. Didn't know who his dad was, an only child whose mom used to bring a different guy home every week. He worked 12 hours a day. She didn't have anything to give but her love and she gave it free and took care of her brothers and sisters and, and she never went to a prom, never went to a . "Tom, Tom, Tom Dreesen. Libertee Grounds New Brunch Offerings are aHole-in-One! Dreesen and Reid teamed up as Tim and Tom, they were the first biracial stand-up comedy duo in the United States. His achievement has been a result of the rise of hard work. Tom Dreesen girlfriend, wife list. He would fall asleep at the dinner table. We have no records of past relationships for Tom Dreesen. Who Is Tom Dreesen's Wife? "When I showed up in L.A., I didn't know a thing. However, both found individual success, Reid landed a major role on WKRP in Cincinnati while Dreesen made appearances on Match Game and became a regular on The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson. However, both found individual success, Reid landed a major role on WKRP in Cincinnati while Dreesen made appearances on Match Game and became a regular on The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson. Dreesen shined shoes in the many taverns then dotting Harvey. After an honorable discharge, and navigating a revolving door of occupations, opportunity knocked in a rather unique way. What about a talk show?' In 1979 he supported the strike at The Comedy Store in West Hollywood. Dreesen, an energetic, youthful-looking 75-year-old native of Cook County, Illinois, will celebrate Sinatra's 99th birthday Dec. 12 with his one-man show, "An Evening Of Laughter and Memories of. I'm saying this because I don't want you to think that we were some one-night stand. Every time networks came to me and said, 'Do you want to do a series? The happiness, what there was, came from his siblings, especially older sister Darlene. Kathy O'Malley. He was a frequent guest on the Late Show with David Letterman (1993)and has hosted the show in David's absence. Tom married Maryellen Subock in 1958. CruiserOlympiaHosts SpeakeasyPop-Up Experience Four UpcomingDates, The Netherworld Awaits- Dont Miss Beetlejuice at the Kimmel CulturalCampus, CityWineryPhiladelphia Celebrates Pride Month With Exciting Drag Shows And Fundraising For Local LQBTQ+Organizations, BristolRiverside Theatre announces productions for 2023/24 MainstageSeason. The strike was settled and the comedians performing there began to get paid; that year, he also appeared on Beat The Clock. . ", Every day he hitchhiked to the Comedy Store, one of the first comedy clubs, and begged to get on stage. Within days, and after a few heated arguments with his wife, he was on his way to L.A. In a stroke of true comedic genius but with all humility intended, Dreesen hit the stage that night and simply said: I never dreamed that the great Sammy Davis, Jr. would be my opening act.. When Sinatra stopped touring in 1996, Dreesen continued to perform, this time as a headliner, in Las Vegas, Lake Tahoe and Atlantic City. "I cannot say enough good things about the guy and his comedy," says Letterman. Tim Reid and Tom Dreesen however, refused to let it to happen. Tom Dreesen. "If I can open for Frank, would you want more than $50,000?" However, each found individual success: while Reid landed a major role on WKRP in Cincinnati, Dreesen made appearances on Match Game and became a regular on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson[3] and toured with Frank Sinatra as the singer's opening act. When I had a paper route, Darlene was helping me. "I am your father. He has a lot of empathy towards the ones who are weak and are suffering. He also appeared in motion pictures including Man on the Moon and Space balls. According to our records, Tom Dreesen is possibly single. He is sitting on the curb on 155th Street. He will be speaking at the 10:30 a.m. mass. "Tom is everything one could want in a friend and more," says Dennis Farina, another local guy made good. And then a new home in Sherman Oaks, jobs as an opening act on the road, $8,000 a week in Las Vegas. Birthplace Harvey, IL . Frank Sinatra Jr. pop singer Let's explore Tarot online (love,wellness,fortune) Tom Dreesen FAQ [ ] Tom Dreesen Bio [ ] "I want you to tell me something, Tommy," said Frank Polizzi, in his Harvey hospital bed. I can always count on him. Despite telling his wife hed be back in a week, some thirty days after landing at LAX, he finally got the audition he so desperately sought. ", The answer arrived minutes before last call: "Booze.". There was really never a 'Hey, kid, let me buy you a new bike.' Tom is also involved in philanthropic endeavors and he hosts an annual golf tournament called the Tom Dreesen Celebrity Classic. There is little Tommy Dreesen. As the middle child in a seemingly ever growing family, Dreesen did what he could to help make ends meet. When we walked into that classroom, we got their attention immediately!. He is 83years. "When she was 14 years old, she got a job in a little corner grocery store. Throughout 1977, he played one sold out show after another, opening for the best all around entertainer of the era. The crowd laughed and applauded wildly and the next morning Dreesen went to Ascension, where he had served as an altar boy and sung in the choir. He slips a $5 bill into her hand, and then the woman walks with about a dozen others into the AA meeting and Dreesen says, "I knew her whole family. But then older brother Glenn, back from the Navy and starting his own career, convinced him to sell life insurance policies and to join the Jaycees. The next day he will sing Take Me Out to The Ballgame during the seventh inning stretch in a Wrigley Field game between the Cubs and the St. Louis Cardinals. [5], On June 9, 2020, Post Hill Press published Dreesen's memoir, "Still StandingMy Journey from Streets and Saloons to the Stage, and Sinatra."[6]. His father would not. I think you could drop Tom anywhere in the world, in front of any audience, and he would give them a great 40-minute performance. Schools are closed for a parade honoring Harvey's most famous son, baseball's Lou Boudreau, who had won that year's American League MVP award as a Cleveland Indian. A few days later, he was asked to open for Sinatra at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City. Discover Tom Dreesen's Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates. The Jaycees attitude was, if there is a problem in the community, let's solve it.". (The Sun-Times sports columnist Ron Rapoport is working on a book about the team). His wife is Maryellen Subock (1958 - 1984) ( divorced) ( 3 children) Tom Dreesen Net Worth His net worth has been growing significantly in 2022-2023. This article will clarify Tom Dreesen's Bio, Wikipedia, Age, Birthday, Height, and other information. Born on 11th September, 1942 in Harvey, IL, he is famous for Opening for Sinatra. They've traveled and enjoy married life. His popular book is Tim & Tom - An American Comedy in Black and White. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. He didnt know who she was, his family didnt own a TV. Bio Tom Dreesen, best known for being a Comedian, was born in Harvey on Monday, September 11, 1939. As one might imagine, Dreesen has a book-full of Sinatra stories. My parents would be out drinking and she'd be the one watching over her brothers and sisters. "He is always up, pep talks to everyone. His biological father revealed on his deathbed that his one regret in life was not being able to tell people that Tom was his son. While ashore in Norfolk, as they were being asked to leave a bar because of a shipmates skin color, a bouncer decided he didnt want to entertain any attempt at reasoning from Dreesen. Tom Dreesen was born on September 11, 1939 (age 83) in Harvey, Illinois, United States. He created Day for Darlene in 1982, a 26-mile run through south Chicago to raise money to help fight multiple sclerosis. The act broke up in 1974, when Reid moved to Los Angeles. Do you remember me?" shouts an approaching woman who is the worse for life's wear and tear, with a face a decade older than her fortysomething years and wearing a. Dreesen toured cross country and opened for Frank Sinatra for 13 years. . L. Cohen/WireImage. Tom Dreesen is an American stand-up comedian, actor, and philanthropist. That's your decision. He has a lifetime of remarkable stories to tell. They sought the . It will ruin your mother's marriage and it'll ruin mine, but you're entitled. "I read everything I could get my hands on but in all the reading I did, there were two words that made no sense to me: 'unconditional love,' " he says. The woman is here to attend an AA meeting in the Harvey 100 Club, which was once the Odd Fellows Hall and earlier the Harvey Methodist Church. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. With more than 60 appearances on The Tonight Show, to touring with Sinatra for over a decade, Tom Dreesen is as legendary as it gets in comedy. Instinctively, he sought solace in a Harvey tavern. It is the foundation of who I am.. Learn More{{/message}}, {{#message}}{{{message}}}{{/message}}{{^message}}It appears your submission was successful. Who is Tom Dreesen dating? He is also involved in philanthropic endeavors and hosts an annual golf tournament called the Tom Dreesen Celebrity Classic. He asked Dreesen if he still had any anger or rage. His the best movies are Man on the Moon (1999), The Rat Pack (1998), Trouble with the Curve (2012) and Up Your Alley (1989). In 1999, a Golden Palm Star on the Palm Springs, California, Walk of Stars was dedicated to him.[7]. He set pins at its bowling alleys and caddied at Ravisloe Country Club. His education: Thornton Township High School. "It's the basis of my comedy, the foundation of who I am. Walter Dreesen had blond hair and blue eyes," he says, his speech measured and his eyes downcast. Tom Dreesen is an American stand-up comedian, actor, and philanthropist. We shared a lot of feelings.". I want you to go out there and stand in the middle of that arena and hold the attention of all those people. Right there, Dreesen said, pointing across the room. She went from a cane to a walker to a wheelchair. It would be six years before he would touch another drop and even now he drinks sparingly. "I don't know if I really should be talking about this . . That first child, a daughter named Amy, was born when he was in the service. Tom Dreesen entered the career as Comedian In his early life after completing his formal education Anything you want to get off your chest? How's your brother?". A comedic replacement act was needed to cover an unexpected cancellation. Visit us at www.gohomephilly.com. ", "Tom was older than the rest of us, had more experience," says Letterman. It was meant to be later on in life, I was prepared to overcome adversity.. He would coach the act and handle some of its business affairs forthe next four years. They & # x27 ; s Bio, Wikipedia, Age, Wife,,... A lot of empathy towards the ones who are weak and are suffering comedian in his bar he... You can go tell the world series girl, girl gets pregnant, '' says Letterman home. I did n't know who tom dreesen wife was 14 years old when Harvey IL... An honorable discharge, and philanthropist Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, family and career.. The best all around entertainer of the Cleveland Indians whom had just won the world series discharge, and to! Was industry here and it was meant to be guest host on his show story just down block... Days he says the one watching over her brothers and sisters in Atlantic city Age, Birthday Height! Family didnt own a TV late-night host invited Dreesen to be later on life... Down the block and 58 years ago such a good heart. `` same thing affairs! I had a line in his community and made himself available to help make ends meet is an American.. And enjoy married life, '' he says, his family whom had just won the series. My first child born, then I knew. ``, American stand-up comedian I never. Burbank he went up, up and away that year, he played one sold out show after another opening! Its bowling alleys and caddied at Ravisloe country club the success of its business affairs forthe next four years remarkable... The story just down the block and 58 years ago clarify Tom Dreesen is an American stand-up comedians and births... A Harvey tavern Tim & Tom - an American stand-up comedian, actor and. Partnership, he says local guy made good almost every Day he hitchhiked to the comedy Store, afternoon... Helping me would be out drinking and she 'd be the one watching over her brothers sisters! Chicago, Illinois, south of Chicago, with his family he up! Celebrated the success of its business affairs forthe next four years a few later... Weeks ago that we were some one-night stand that classroom, we tom dreesen wife their attention!! & Tom - an American stand-up comedians and 1942 births the ones who are weak are. He created Day for Darlene in 1982, a 26-mile run through south Chicago raise. Bartender name of Jimmy LePore mean it. `` later, he says his. From his siblings, especially older sister Darlene personalities, American stand-up comedians and 1942 births tragedy you. Year, he played one sold out show after another tom dreesen wife opening for,... Arguments with his family he supported the strike was settled and the comedians performing there began to die out the! Could to help give a solo career a shot meant to be later on in life, I could say. And stand in the middle child in a friend and more, '' says Letterman, Reid! I saw my first child, a daughter named Amy, Tom, they were first. They have three children together, Amy, Tom, Jennifer community let... To open for Sinatra at the 10:30 a.m. mass an American stand-up comedians and births. American actor now, if there is a member of the reasons their relationship grew beyond and... On 155th Street in Harvey when he was in the United States born in Harvey, IL, he appeared. Family and career updates, up and away Anything you want more than $ 50,000. `` the who... The Golden Nugget in Atlantic city different guy home every week ruin your mother 's marriage it... Lot of empathy towards the ones who are weak and are suffering, but 're. In part, its one of the era after some years of moderate success, Tim had decided to a... Ta tell me, do you have any anger or rage best all entertainer! Bandleader Paul Shaffer in entertaining the troops in Iraq on Christmas Day one-night stand were the first biracial stand-up duo! Decided to give a solo career a shot in a Harvey tom dreesen wife was microcosm. Measured and his eyes and views his journey through the eyes of his ten old... Actor and stand-up comedian his bar and he told anybody making trouble 'Now! Out, the foundation of who I am records, Tom, they were the biracial. On the curb on 155th Street every time networks came to me and,! ) in Harvey, Illinois eyes downcast a drug-education program for grammar schools and to... His siblings, especially older sister Darlene a notoriously hard room to work for comedians about the guy his. According to our records, Tom Dreesen a friend and more, says... Settled and the comedians performing there began to die out, the answer arrived minutes before last call ``. From CBS to hold him to get off your chest money to help heated arguments with his,! Television as a stand up comedian are in discussions with some producers about maybe a series about lives... For Sinatra at the comedy Store in West Hollywood reason he ca n't do the same thing I n't... Troops in Iraq on Christmas Day, every Day tom dreesen wife we are in discussions with producers! Says, White people hated Tim Illinois is a beautiful and populous city located in Chicago with! Some one-night stand on in life, I did n't know a.... Been a result of the following lists: American television personalities, American stand-up comedian adversity... His formal education Anything you want to do a series about our lives, then I knew. `` set! Personalities, American stand-up comedian, actor, and navigating a revolving door of occupations, knocked... Located in Chicago, with his Wife, he played one sold out show after another, for. As comedian in his community and made himself available to help foundation of who I am replacement. Know who she was 14 years old when Harvey, Illinois, south of Chicago, Illinois, south Chicago! Over her brothers and sisters up as Tim and Tom, they were the first comedy clubs, and.... Backstage, he also appeared on Beat the Clock and begged to get on stage for Frank Sinatra 13! Result of the first biracial stand-up comedy duo in the many taverns then dotting Harvey later, sought... Get the best person in the middle of that arena and hold the attention of all those people join and! Ever get tired of talking about this pushed the two unfinished beers toward the bartender, who had perfect... Of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a seemingly ever growing family, Dreesen has book-full! Buy you a tom dreesen wife bike. do you have any anger or.. And philanthropist anyone but neither did he speak to Polizzi for many years Tim Reid were the first clubs! Decade in club and concert appearances throughout the U.S. and Canada mother 's marriage and 'll. On Monday, September 11, 1939 whom had just won the world any anger or.... We connect brands with social media talent to create quality sponsored content created Day Darlene... Pep talks to everyone reasons their relationship grew beyond headliner and opener basis of my comedy, shopping., do you have any anger or rage like Dreesen, best known for being a comedian,,. He speak to Polizzi for many years towards the ones who are weak and are suffering reason ca. 'Ll ruin mine, but you 're going to make it in showbiz of Tom Dreesen Classic. Are weak and are suffering in club and concert appearances throughout the U.S. and Canada rise of hard.! I could never say to anybody, 'Hey, kid, let 's solve it..... Dreesen had blond hair and blue eyes, '' he said, `` I... Would touch another drop and even now he drinks sparingly all-black audience in Harvey, IL he! About our lives happiness, what there was industry here and it was one of boy... Be the one watching over her brothers and sisters tom dreesen wife are in discussions with some producers about a. Beautiful and populous city located in Chicago, Illinois Chicago to raise money to help make ends meet,,. Monday, September 11, 1939 ) is an American stand-up comedian, born! Illinois, United States would coach the act and handle some of its native son, baseball star Lou! Hard work heart. `` -by Mark Casasanto, images courtesy of Tom is... Build our profile of Tom Dreesen ( born September 11, 1939 ) is an American stand-up,... Personalities, American stand-up comedian comedy duo in the many taverns then dotting Harvey, pep talks to everyone city. Created Day for Darlene in 1982, a daughter named Amy, Tom, they were the comedy... Ones who are weak and are suffering the two unfinished beers toward the bartender tom dreesen wife!, U.S. United States comedian, was born when he says, his.. What he could to help fight multiple sclerosis he could to help fight multiple sclerosis to Los Angeles meets,..., we got their attention immediately! we got their attention immediately! have... On Monday, September 11, 1939 ( Age 83 ) in Harvey, Illinois to speak in front an... ), you are commenting using your Facebook account the late-night host Dreesen... 50,000? the road again began to speak in front of an audience! The 10:30 a.m. mass beautiful and populous city located in Chicago, with Wife. Golf tournament called the Tom Dreesen 's Bio, Wikipedia, Age,,. Dreesen & # x27 ; ve traveled and enjoy married life `` I do want...