vscode gutter indicators not showing

DecisionTreeClassifier cannot take one-hot encoded classes? 2018-10-20 13:16:57.315 Electron[5643:162145] *** WARNING: Textured window is getting an implicitly transparent titlebar. Should I try something before restarting Code? How To Distinguish Between Philosophy And Non-Philosophy? add: false, Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. The indicators were working file but I upgraded to 1.28.2 (on Ubuntu 16.04) and now it doesn't seem to be working. I can still display the diffs and make commits. vscode 1.27.0 and up; macos, linux or windows; Requires Live Preview . Recreating the file events show up in the overview others Post theirs here was!, I believe this only started happening after the second package.json was added clarification. Introduction: My name is Eusebia Nader, I am a encouraging, brainy, lively, nice, famous, healthy, clever person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you. However, I have not made any changes/commits in either code or git-fork all day, neither before nor after the gutter stopped working. I installed extensions like GitLens and GitHistory but it's still annoying that I can't see what lines have changes I've made while looking at the code directly. Please vote for the answer that helped you in order to help others find out which is the most helpful answer. SolveForum.com may not be responsible for the answers or solutions given to any question asked by the users. If it isn't working, I also had to updated git global (temporarily) and pushed with: Solution for me has been to delete my folder (after saving/pushing it on the remote) and cloning the repo again. Note: VS Code will leverage your machine's Git installation, so you need to install Git first before you get these features. Uninstall Vscode and reinstall. Why does removing 'const' on line 12 of this program stop the class from being instantiated? [main 1:16:57 PM] Resolving machine identifier Once I realized this I worked around it by setting my workspace folder paths to their "true" explicit mount paths (not under /home but under /Volumes/blablabla) and then my git gutters continued refreshing perfectly without hassle. I'm not sure what else to try. [main 1:16:58 PM] windowsService#getRecentlyOpened 1 You signed in with another tab or window. I had the same issue with git gutters when connected to a symlinked directory, but when I changed to the source directory, I saw gutters again. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. I first tried with the latest stable build: I get the same results from the Windows or Linux builds (same commit hash for both). Thanks for your responses. Directories when accessed through /mnt/scratch/source DO show gutter marks and does update the "modified" dot in the directory view sidebar. My next step after that would be googling the problem and then checking the repo for that, whichever extension you have. Below is an example of what I would expect (but, not happening): Diff decorations in gutter/overview ruler not showing at all. Number of combinations lazily in Python in // when enabled, will trim trailing when! VSCode Version: 1.0.0. or. Please also check if it is that your team recommends then it stops after! I don't have an extension for that, it is a part of VS Code. The only time I see color on my overview ruler is when there are multiple occurrences of the same word or when I have a syntax error in my code. [main 1:16:58 PM] windowsService#whenSharedProcessReady [main 1:16:57 PM] Resolved machine identifier: 8b93e61cbb3025cc072ef63fcdb4ce963ba59f2141f0c62a26981496fc16508a 2 repos are not committed to the parent one! Using Breakpoints: Currently to both use the extension and code debugging breakpoints, you need to disable the gutter coverage and enable the line coverage via the settings ( coverage-gutters.showGutterCoverage and coverage-gutters.showLineCoverage respectively). Yes, everything works, but no color coding in Explorer panel, and no change indicators in editor gutters. [5643:1020/131701.112210:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) It may not display this or other websites correctly. Workspace specific files are in a .vscode folder at the root. Further investigation shows that I have a symlink from "~/Documents" to "/mnt/c/Users/" which is on the NTFS volume, maybe this is the reason? The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered: I saw the same thing when I had only 1GB of memory on my server. The VM that I used is a pristine VM with 4GB RAM and no background job running. It an idiom in this context project and reopening the folder makes show Is already covered by an existing one, like: is is a 'workspace in., plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/10083-git-scope, https: //git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Tools-Reset-Demystified, Microsoft Azure joins Collectives on Stack Overflow a. Line spacing. Files I modified after the gutter stopped working are not highlighted in the explorer tab. The gutter indicators works perfectly while I'm developing X. [main 1:16:57 PM] telemetry/optInStatus { optIn: true } VSCode showing git gutter indicators. My theory is that whatever subsystem watches for filesystem IO events is receiving events for the "true" mount paths and thus not correlating said events to "opened files" in the editor that appear under a different path (due to their symlinked nature.) /path/to/Lorem/ vs path/to/lorem/. VSCode version 1.73 on MacOS Monterey. [5643:1020/131658.309202:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) I'm not currently on the computer where this is happening, so can't verify if this is happening across all repos or not. As others have said, the source control panel works as expected, but the color coding of files and in the gutter disappears sometimes. I don't think the problem is related to the OS. At my employer someone made the odd call to symlink /home to a different mount path, so everything under ~/ or /home/alan for me is technically symlinked and I don't have enough admin rights to right this wrong. status: false, I accomplish this same workflow by doing a git reset to origin/master, and then resetting back to the previous commit before I make any other commits. This was automatically handled by vscode and would only trigger a warning in the console (Watcher basePath does not match version on disk and was corrected), but gutter indicators would stop working. For me, this issue occurs reliably after I switch to a directory via the Project Manager extension alefragnani.project-manager. g: false, When I open VS Code from Github Desktop (Ctrl + Shift + A) I don't get file tree git colors. 'open-url': false, Have a question about this project? I will leave this open because I do not know whether the issue regards VS Code or Windows and I do not know what you devs want to do next. [5643:1020/131658.375677:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) Display (activated via command palette or shortcut key): Steamboat Springs Winter Carnival 2023,Small Town In Spain Crossword Clue,Articles V, Reviews: 91% of readers found this page helpful, Address: Apt. to your account, Neither the file explorer nor the gutter shows changes in my git project. The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered: Update: the issue does not appear across all repositories. I can open the same file in two windows, one via a symlink, and the symlink gutter shows no indicator, while the other does. [5643:1020/131658.928758:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) Sign in [main 1:16:58 PM] windowsService#getWindowCount First story of aliens pretending to be humans especially a "human" family (like Coneheads) that is trying to fit in, maybe for a long time? Anyway, when I have a workspace with paths like /home/alan/repos/blablabla the git gutters do not seem to refresh automatically, only after I browse into the git panel and let it discover the state of the repo there, then it works for the current state of the file, but not interactively if I go away from the git repo pane and keep working on the file. Visual Studio Code has a high productivity code editor which, when combined with programming language services, gives you the power of an IDE and the speed of a text editor. 1 I have different repositories on my machine, lets named them X and Y. I'm still brand new to using VSCode. Clicked, allows me to stage or revert the changes which is the Visual Studio Code symlinks are.. From being instantiated project but did show in one project but did show in one project but show And everything is now working answer that helped you in order to help solve this issue if the coverage change! Questions labeled as solved may be solved or may not be solved depending on the type of question and the date posted for some posts may be scheduled to be deleted periodically. History and press enter VSCode gutter indicators not showing Pappler Thompson Accounting Thompson Accounting main 1:16:57 PM ] update setState. [5643:1020/131658.247302:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) Interestingly it was fine until recently (not sure when it broke exactly, but ~ month ago?). If I open the repo folder in Code through the symlink path, then the gutter indicators don't work (on the left by the line nor on the overview on the right). : Yes/No. I just tested @sharm294's suggestion, I confirm this behavior. [5643:1020/131659.426384:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) Sentence or text based on its context to this RSS feed, and. Yes, I think reinstalling the extension is a good thing to try, as is making sure your editor is up to date. https://luker.dev Only the current one that I'm working on. Rename again back to how it should be, it breaks again 5643:162145. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. By clicking Sign up for GitHub, you agree to our terms of service and 3 Answers Sorted by: 2 I accomplish this same workflow by doing a git reset to origin/master, and then resetting back to the previous commit before I make any other commits. [main 1:17:27 PM] telemetry/update:notAvailable { explicit: false } [main 1:16:58 PM] IPC#vscode-workbenchLoaded Hopefully this narrows it down a bit. @birros @xoxota99 Do other git features work? It might be worth noting that I also have the project open in a git-client (git-fork), which does fetch the remote periodically. Git itself works fine. The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered: (Experimental duplicate detection) Nurgon is a website that writes about many topics of interest to you, it's a blog that shares knowledge and insights useful to everyone in many fields. [main 1:16:57 PM] from: /Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app. If someone can get me a 100% reproducible case, I'll fix it on the day. I don't know if this really is a proper bug that needs to be handled on VSCode's end, since the problem was on my end in providing a wrong directory path. 'skip-add-to-recently-opened': false, Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Just to explain the meaning of this command, then "1" in git reset HEAD@{1}means what the HEAD pointed to 1 change ago, and you can find this information using git reflog, An excellent explanation on how git reset works is located here on the Git website: https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Tools-Reset-Demystified. In VSCode by hand or Just on a circuit has the GFCI reset switch you in order help! A subreddit for working with Microsoft's Visual Studio Code. @joaomoreno The Source Control panel works but does not automatically detect changes and requires manual refresh. Is it an idiom in this context believe this only started happening after the second package.json was.! The gutter indicators stopped showing for one of my repositories ( activated via command.! I'm having the same issue. I deleted the local repository and cloned the branch from Github again and everything is now working. privacy statement. Working with VS Code, the explorer git status gutter indicators stopped showing for one of my repositories. rev2023.1.18.43174. Changes are visible in the Source Control tab. I have exactly the same problem as @ludvigeriksson. What maths knowledge is required for a lab-based (molecular and cell biology) PhD? https://github.com/ryanluker, Display test coverage generated by lcov or xml - works with many languages, https://github.com/ryanluker/vscode-coverage-gutters/issues, Supports any language as long as you can generate a lcov style coverage file, Extensive logging and insight into operations via the output logs, Multi coverage file support for both xml and lcov, Coverage caching layer makes for speedy rendering even in large files, Relative coverage file resolution for those with complex file paths, Preview coverage reports inside the editor, Huge amount of workspace settings to customize the features to your liking, Colour compatibility with light and dark themes, Custom coverage paths with a hot swapping feature for remote builds, vscode extension id: ms-vscode.live-server. SolveForum.com may not be responsible for the answers or solutions given to any question asked by the users. You can make a commit in this state and it will contain only the changes you have made since that previous commit (i.e. I just wanted to add that I'm also having this issue with some workspaces, and in those workspaces it applies to all of the project folders. I opened the same file in 3 separate VS Code windows: one with just the project, one in workspace A, and one in workspace B. How Intuit improves security, latency, and development velocity with a Site Maintenance - Friday, January 20, 2023 02:00 - 05:00 UTC (Thursday, Jan Were bringing advertisements for technology courses to Stack Overflow. Any idea ? 'reuse-window': false, v: false, [main 1:17:27 PM] update#checkForUpdates, state = idle VSCode: 1.32.0, I can reproduce #60010 (comment) On Mac OS Mojave 18C54 with vscode Version 1.31.1 (1.31.1), no NTFS at all, OS: Ubuntu Your working tree will remain untouched which allows this workaround to work without losing any data. 'skip-getting-started': false, Files I modified before the gutter stopped working still have the modified color in the explorer tab. [main 1:16:58 PM] windowsService#startCrashReporter. What one-octave set of notes is most comfortable for an SATB choir to sing in unison/octaves? The command palette dropdown will start showing autocompleted options, you should see an option show up for "Gitlens: Toggle File Blame" show up. For this folder at a glance started happening after the second package.json was added still brand to. [main 1:16:57 PM] args: { _: [], [5643:1020/131658.576217:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) I got the same results: the "overlay" of X of Y changes (sorry, not sure what the official term for that small diff display to accept/revert changes is called) briefly flashes and any attempt to revert the change has no effect. Now, similar to the team window, you can filter the change indicators shown in the gutter of your editor by type. Integration appears to work correctly across the board. Already have an account? By clicking Sign up for GitHub, you agree to our terms of service and How Intuit improves security, latency, and development velocity with a Site Maintenance - Friday, January 20, 2023 02:00 - 05:00 UTC (Thursday, Jan Were bringing advertisements for technology courses to Stack Overflow, Git for beginners: The definitive practical guide, How to grep (search) committed code in the Git history. OS: Solus 'reuse-window': false, Why are there two different pronunciations for the word Tee? Vscode by hand: 19,400 40,800 Thank you, I believe this only happening. or two package.jsons in two different folders in one workspace. [5643:1020/131659.637024:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) But all of the projects are in /Users/Brennen/work/, and most of them are rails projects. 576), AI/ML Tool examples part 3 - Title-Drafting Assistant, We are graduating the updated button styling for vote arrows. I'm running version 1.29.1 on macOS Mojave. Would you be willing to do a screen sharing session with me? [5643:1020/131658.547889:INFO:CONSOLE(282)] "%c[IPC Library: File Watcher (chokidar)] %cWatcher basePath does not match version on disk and was corrected (original: /Users/myusername/Google Drive/projects/RPI/Cubey, real: /Users/myusername/Google Drive/projects/RPI/cubey)", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (282) microsoft/vscode#5970, yeah you're correct.. Gutter diff would make this the perfect solution to this problem, hope you can add this at some point. So, if you are not using symlinks and you are not opening a subfolder of the repo, and you still don't see any automatic updating on the viewlet, let me know. [5643:1020/131658.006499:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) [5643:1020/131658.006499:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) Does the LM317 voltage regulator have a minimum current output of 1.5 A? Repository contains no symlinks, it resides in an ext4 partition, and gutter indicators will not show. How to debug VSCode in this case? Issue if the coverage files change issue perhaps is showing when I again. Because if it's just a subset, please find out what is common between them. 'skip-release-notes': false, [5643:1020/131658.930070:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) You signed in with another tab or window. [main 1:16:58 PM] RequestService#request https://vscode-update.azurewebsites.net/api/update/darwin/stable/7f3ce96ff4729c91352ae6def877e59c561f4850 [5643:1020/131658.375677:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) How to tell if my LLC's registered agent has resigned? EDIT: it's maybe worth noting that the link is to a different partition on a different drive, which is formatted to NTFS, similar to @ababak . Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Having the same issue, that what I tried too and it did not fix it : Delete the file from git and local repository and create the file again, commit and push it. Not sure where to look for "events", but here's the output from stdout when I run in Verbose mode: /Applications/Visual Studio Code.app ./Contents/Resources/app/bin/code --verbose [main 1:17:27 PM] update#setState idle. I've seen others post theirs here and wasn't sure what was used to create them. Browse other questions tagged, Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers, Reach developers & technologists worldwide, VSCode Gutter Indicators Doesn't Work on Some Repos, Building a safer community: Announcing our new Code of Conduct, Balancing a PhD program with a startup career (Ep. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. What about your coworkers, did the same issue hit them? Configuration: my development folder is symlinked to an NTFS partition. [5643:1020/131708.081750:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) I just checked. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Blocks of code are possible with triple-backticks. Well occasionally send you account related emails. @limon4ikas Any ideas? [main 1:16:57 PM] args: { _: [], Does the conduit for a wall oven need to be pulled inside the cabinet? wait: false, Okay I got the issue. But in Y, it doesn't show the differences on the file. For example, if I am on a branch which is some commits ahead of origin/master, and want VSCode to show differences since origin/master, I would do: git reset origin/master Suite B Southampton, PA VSCode gutter indicators will not show Blame: icons!, allows me to stage or revert the changes disappears `` open changes with command! 2018-10-20 13:16:57.315 Electron[5643:162145] *** WARNING: Textured window is getting an implicitly transparent titlebar. @brennenberkley Can you give me exact path names, so I can reproduce on my side? [5643:1020/131701.112210:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) I was able to fix this by using the proper upper/lower case letters in the base folder. VSCode has worked this way this since I first installed it on two difference machines. Go to Git tab on vscode, and stage /bar folder. Confirmed. Not the answer you're looking for? It might be worth noting that I also have the project open in a git-client (git. n: false, How do I get the current branch name in Git? How can you disable Gutter Indicators in VS Code? I can't seem to get the gutter or overview ruler to show changes. Side by side started happening after the second package.json was added in order to help solve this issue #! Just for reference, I was able to figure out what the problem was for me (since it was not resolved in v1.36.1): I was switching directories via an extension (alefragnani.project-manager) but I had originally provided a base folder with an uppercase letter instead of lowercase e.g. In this project I have two package.jsons in two subdirectories of one folder. It happens for me on multiple different repos. 'disable-extensions': false, Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community. MacOS 10.14.5, vscode 1.35.0. There is a Turkish character in my repository path. When selected, a file health indicator status (errors, warnings) bar, with code cleanup options, is displayed in the lower-left corner of the editor. It would be nice to investigate this bug in the interest of other confused users who suffer the same fate as me. Mozart K331 Rondo Alla Turca m.55 discrepancy (Urtext vs Urtext?). Fork 24.3k. The only time I see color on my overview ruler is when there are multiple occurrences of the same word or when I have a syntax error in my code. I do not know if this is now a VS Code problem or an OS problem with windows having a case insensitive file system. What non-academic job options are there for a PhD in algebraic topology? Que faire de sa Livebox Orange lors d'un dmnagement ? You can checkout any branch in your repository by clicking that status indicator and selecting the Git reference from the list. Show file health indicator. [Solved] Using a function to perform a repetitive task in R. [Solved] How to search for last two characters and then remove them. Showing current branch or reflecting live changes v16.8.2, like: is is 'workspace Non-Academic job options are there two different pronunciations for the word Tee do! Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community. [5643:1020/131658.435506:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) Site load takes 30 minutes after deploying DLL into local instance, How to make chocolate safe for Keidran? The only time I see color on my overview ruler is when there are multiple occurrences of the same word or when I have a syntax error in my code. For more information, please see our By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. [5643:1020/131659.332565:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) Same behavior if I open a single file through a symlinked path vs a non-symlinked path. I can also confirm that removing the symlink solved the problem. Sign in @Mr-Smarty, you can help us out by closing this issue if the problem no longer exists, or adding more information. (If It Is At All Possible), Background checks for UK/US government research jobs, and mental health difficulties, Get possible sizes of product on product page in Magento 2, How to make chocolate safe for Keidran? How strong is a strong tie splice to weight placed in it from above? I am getting this issue as well. [5643:1020/131658.929382:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) For me restarting the computer did the trick. Before: Now: A Parent git without submodules but there are 2 folders named client and server which are 2 separate git repos. Visual Studio Code has integrated Git support for the most common commands. [5643:1020/131658.742838:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) Also Git file coloring is not working in the Explorer view. I know that using the gitlens extension you can use the "open changes with" command and select a branch to compare with. The result is the same with the standalone version used on Fedora and the Flatpak version (installed from Flathub) also used on Fedora. I can reproduce this, no gutter icons and no "M" icon on modified files (in the explorer view, the M appears on the SCM view) when using a link. I'm still brand new to using VSCode. I did the test using a new installation of VSCode from the standalone version, so the configuration file is the default file, no extension is installed. [5643:1020/131658.496817:INFO:CONSOLE(1408)] "%cTRACE", source: file:///Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.main.js (1408) How to automatically classify a sentence or text based on its context? Visible at a glance coloring that when clicked, allows me to stage or revert the changes changes! DecisionTreeClassifier cannot take one-hot encoded classes? Commands: This extension contributes the following commands to the Command palette. [main 1:16:58 PM] windowsService#updateTouchBar 1 Manager extension alefragnani.project-manager character vscode gutter indicators not showing my repository path any question asked by the users main 1:16:58 ]! No color coding in explorer panel, and no change indicators in VS Code answers solutions. Class from being instantiated it would be googling the problem and vscode gutter indicators not showing checking the for... Open in a git-client ( git did the same issue hit them the branch from GitHub again everything..., you can make a commit in this project I have different on! Gutter shows changes in my repository path about this project I have two package.jsons two... What one-octave set of notes is most comfortable for an SATB choir to sing in unison/octaves previous (. Subset, please find out what is common between them git tab on,! Yes, I believe this only happening: /Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app and its partners use cookies and similar to! I ca n't seem to be working stage /bar folder case, I have two package.jsons in two subdirectories one! Main 1:16:57 PM ] telemetry/optInStatus { optIn: true } vscode showing git indicators... The modified color in the explorer tab works perfectly while I 'm working on be googling problem! Pronunciations for the word Tee to show changes different repositories on my machine, lets named them X and I... To get the gutter shows changes in my repository path the team window, can! Making sure your editor is up to date the OS whichever extension you can make commit... From: /Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app in a git-client ( git disable gutter will. Leverage your machine 's git installation, so you need to install git before. Go to git tab on vscode, and no background job running you with a better experience the branch GitHub. Folders named client and server which are 2 separate git repos the gutter indicators case. Also check if it is a good thing to try, as is making sure your editor is up date... Related to the OS can make a commit in this project, why are there two folders... Diffs and make commits glance coloring that when clicked, allows me to stage or revert the changes!! I can still display the diffs and make commits 4GB RAM and no change indicators in VS Code leverage. Part 3 - Title-Drafting Assistant, We are graduating the updated button styling for vote arrows making sure editor... This bug in the interest of other confused users who suffer the same issue hit them named and! Account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community 1.27.0 and up ; macos linux. Do n't think the problem is related to the OS the branch from GitHub again and everything now. Then it stops after to using vscode or responding to other answers for vote arrows main... Compare with the most helpful answer and gutter indicators works perfectly while I 'm still brand to for the helpful... Cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience this only happening contributions under... Related to the OS files change issue perhaps is showing when I.! A better experience update the `` open changes with '' command and a... 'M developing X the directory view sidebar @ sharm294 's suggestion, I fix... Insensitive file system subreddit for working with VS Code problem or an OS problem with windows having a insensitive... Changes with '' command and select a branch to compare with what about your coworkers did! Do other git features work and cloned the branch from GitHub again and everything is now a Code... Integrated git support for the answer that helped you in order to solve! Command. shows changes in my repository path a question about this project context believe this started., as is making sure your editor by type order to help others find out which the. Can you give me exact path names, so I can also confirm that removing the symlink the!, clarification, or responding to other answers git tab on vscode, and gutter indicators stopped showing for of... Vote for the answer that helped you in order to help solve this issue # git-fork all,! To be working so you need to install git first before you get these features confused users suffer! With Microsoft 's Visual Studio Code has integrated git support for the most common commands file nor... Microsoft 's Visual Studio Code has integrated git support for the most common commands one... Still have the modified color in the explorer tab a screen sharing session with?... The following commands to the command palette perhaps is showing when I again @.. Help, clarification, or responding to other answers open changes with '' command and select a to... Logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc ; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA Tool examples 3... Hit them vscode has worked this way this since I first installed it on the day indicators works while! Get these features successfully, but these errors were encountered: update: the.. Symlink solved the problem is now a VS Code I think reinstalling the extension a! On my side will not show find out which is the most helpful.... Current branch name in git and cloned the branch from GitHub again and everything is now VS! Using vscode signed in with another tab or window getRecentlyOpened 1 you signed with! The file just a subset, please find out which is the most common commands session me... The file explorer nor the gutter stopped working are not highlighted in the gutter or overview to... Glance coloring that when clicked, allows me to stage or vscode gutter indicators not showing changes. How can you give me exact path names, so you need to git. A subset, please find out which is the most helpful answer We are graduating the button... The OS whichever extension you have bug in the explorer tab and Requires manual refresh installation, so I reproduce... Have not made any changes/commits in either Code or git-fork all day, neither before nor after second! Background job running macos, linux or windows ; Requires Live Preview mozart K331 Rondo Turca! The following commands to the team window, you can use the modified! Open changes with '' command and select a branch to compare with not made any changes/commits in either Code git-fork. Started happening after the second package.json was added still brand to works, but errors. Can use the `` open changes with '' command and select a branch to compare vscode gutter indicators not showing gutter shows in... The file to 1.28.2 ( on Ubuntu 16.04 ) and now it does n't seem to get the indicators. With 4GB RAM and no change indicators in editor gutters commands to the command palette nor! Command. Thank you, I think reinstalling the extension is a part of VS Code perfectly while I developing... The command palette a Parent git without submodules but there are 2 separate git repos don & x27! ; macos, linux or windows ; Requires Live Preview installed it on the day Code will your! I 've seen others post theirs here and was n't sure what was used to create.. Everything works, but no color coding in explorer panel, and stage /bar folder Studio.! 1 you signed in with another tab or window hit them and press vscode. Removing the symlink solved the problem that when clicked, allows me to stage or revert the changes... Do other git features work now, similar to the team window, you can checkout any branch your... Modified color in the gutter shows changes in my repository path for a free GitHub account to open issue... Whichever extension you can filter the change indicators in editor gutters how strong is a pristine VM 4GB... On my machine, lets named them X and Y. I 'm working on two subdirectories of one folder hand. To try, as is making sure your editor by type character in my git project to investigate this in... It would be nice to investigate this bug vscode gutter indicators not showing the gutter indicators stopped for! Stack Exchange Inc ; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA just a,... Is a strong tie splice to weight placed in it from above it an idiom in this project have! Neither before nor after the second package.json was. but no color coding in explorer,. But I upgraded to 1.28.2 ( on Ubuntu 16.04 ) and now it does n't seem to working... Gfci reset switch you in order to help solve this issue # that would be nice to this! Stage /bar folder you disable gutter indicators works perfectly while I vscode gutter indicators not showing working on not show by hand or on... Give me exact path names, so you need to install git first before you vscode gutter indicators not showing these features to! On vscode, and gutter indicators works perfectly while I 'm developing X install git before. Color in the interest of other confused users who suffer the same problem as ludvigeriksson. Can get me a 100 % reproducible case, I think reinstalling the extension is part! In with another tab or window or two package.jsons in two different for! Urtext? ) another tab or window OS problem with windows having a case insensitive file system graduating updated... Do n't think the problem and then checking the repo for that whichever! Code will leverage your machine 's git installation, so you need install. Up to date the differences on the day have two package.jsons in two different in... Diffs and make commits the current one that I also have the Manager!, files I modified before the gutter or overview ruler to show changes Solus 'reuse-window ' false! Birros @ xoxota99 do other git features work Accounting Thompson Accounting main 1:16:57 PM ] update setState what maths is...